SOLD: Von Schweikert Audio VR-4jr in Light Maple

Jenner

SOLD: Von Schweikert Audio VR-4jr in Light Maple
« on: 12 Apr 2018, 05:46 pm »

*SOLD*

Selling my Von Schweikert VR-4jr speakers in beautiful light maple. These speakers have never been overdriven and have been cared for in a smoke free pet free home. They were used as the main left and right channels in my all Von Schweikert home theater. The room has no windows so they were never exposed to sunlight. The lighting in the pictures is hard because I don’t have much lighting in the room and the walls are all black. Some pictures have flash and some don’t which causes the color of the light maple to vary.

They are in excellent condition. I am the original owner and I thought I would never sell them but I had the opportunity to upgrade to the VR-4 SR. In every area, mechanically, functionally, and cosmetically they are in perfect condition! I had to rate them 9/10 just because they are used and not new. They are wonderful sounding speakers and sound amazing with a wide variety of music. But don’t think that is all they can do, as they work wonderful for movies/Home Theater as well!

As you can see in the pictures I have EVERYTHING as original:
The wood shipping crates and packing foam, velvet bags and plastic sleeves, the paper manual, data link cables, top module spikes, bottom module spikes, spike discs, bridge plates, optional rubber feet.

As you may notice in the pictures I removed the VSA logo stickers. There is a tiny amount of glue left on the speaker grill that only shows up with a flash. That said I am including two brand new VSA logo stickers if you wish to put them back on (shown in picture with manual.

SN 304L & 304R

They will ship in the 2 crates as they came from the factory(shown in pictures at the link above)
Each create is 47x23x12" each weighs 130lbs.

Asking $2000 cash and local pickup in CT, and I am willing meet you within a reasonable distance of my home if the buyer wants.

If you want to pay with a credit card or paypal you can to go Audiogon and purchase from my listing there.

A shipping estimate from CT to CA for example with $2000 insurance will cost approx. $300 via FedEx ground.

I also have a matching LCR-15 center channel in Light Maple for $350 additional if the buyer is interested.

Link to a PDF of the manual:
http://www.jlosee.com/images/hometheater_components/vsa_speakers/manual_vr_4_jr.pdf

Specifications:
Frequency Response: 23Hz to 20kHz (+/- 2dB)
Impedance: 6 ohms avg. (4 ohms 20 Hz-150 Hz; 8 ohms 150 Hz-20 kHz).
Recommended Power: 20 watts up to 300 watts music power.
Sensitivity: 89 dB @ 1w/1m using 2.83 v (91.5 dB in room with boundary reinforcement).
Size: Midrange/Tweeter (12.5"h x 8"w x 20"d). Woofer (25.25"h x 8"w x 20"d). System (38.5"h x 8"w x 20"d).

Von Schweikert's VR-4jr is a two-piece stacking speaker utilizing a time-aligned, decoupled satellite / subwoofer system to insure top notch music reproduction. Recording Studios using VR-series include Sheffield Labs, Musical Fidelity Sound Labs, A&M Records (Herb Alpert), and Walt Disney Studios (Alan Menken, winner of 7 academy awards).

The cabinet walls are 1-inch thick and internally lined with thick acoustic felt while driver compliment includes twin shielded 7-inch poly laminate mica-cellulose woofers, one 7-inch carbon mica-cellulose poly-laminate midrange driver, a 1-inch poly-tri-laminate silk-dome tweeter, plus a 1-inch rear firing ambience mid/tweeter with fabric dome. Binding posts are double sets of five-way rhodium enabling bi-wiring, though a single wire can be used with optional Data Link connector. Von Schweikert's VR4 jr. has a wide frequency response from 23Hz to 20kHz and presents a 6 Ohm load.

« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2018, 07:55 pm by Jenner »

Jenner

Re: FS: Von Schweikert Audio VR-4jr in Light Maple
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2018, 07:55 pm »
SOLD