One of our NuPrime dealer was conned by a credit card fraudster who is a lot more skilful than we have seen in the past:
1. The person got a email with the same name as a business owner.
2. Got a mailing address at a residential hotel (service apartment type) next to the business (where credit card billing address is).
3. When the online store security flagged the potential credit card fraud, we contacted the person by email. "She" wrote back saying that she was a long time NuForce customer with Icon amp etc. Now considering upgrading to NuPrime products and bought a DAC-9. So we believed her.
4. And then she followed up with questions about audio, asking for inter connect cable recommendation.
5. A week later, she bought another item, IDA-16. Again, saying how great the DAC-9 sounded, so excited that they want to buy the integrated.
And then a few more weeks later we got the credit card charge back. The email was no longer valid.
Just want to share with everyone to be careful. From now onward, unless billing and shipping address match, and there is someone to sign for the item, we are not going to accept the order.