Any power cords that are known to work well with Modwright gear?

Drew769

I have an LS100 linestage preamp and a KWA 100 SE Power amp.  I’m currently running both of them with Pangea AC-14 cords.  I’m pretty sure they are better than stock IEC cords, but I’m sure they are not close to being the last word.  I’m not looking to spend crazy money on power cables, but if there is anything that works in the up to $300 range, I’m all ears.  I was thinking maybe Shunyata Venom?  Maybe some smaller companies like Grover Huffman, Paul Speltz Anti-Cables, or Blue Jeans Cables?  Or mainstream Audioquest?

Drew769

(Whoops)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
  If I remember correctly Modwright demonstrated with Wywires at the shows.

charles

cheech

Drew, I have the same pre amp and power amp, I use Audio Art Cable Power 1 SE on both ;  and Audio Art Power 1 on both my April Music Stello transport and Modwright Elyse DAC. 

mraudio

I have owned several pieces of Modwright gear and found the Signal Cable Magic Power cables to work very well and they are pretty inexpensive.

http://signalcable.com/magicpower.html

Bob Stark

I have been using Dynamic Design Spirit II PC for my Modwright 5400 player.  Use a Mojo Enigma for the power supply of the 5400.  The DD II is very articulate and dynamic and the Mojo is smooth and lovely sounding on the PS.  I'd bet that a Core Power Technology 150 would work wonders with any of Dan's preamps.  I use one with my TRL DUDE and it sounds phenomenal.

Scottdazzle

Dan Wright uses WyWires power cables. So do I. Very good synergy.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
Dan Wright uses WyWires power cables. So do I. Very good synergy.

From the Man who used to sell and set up Modwright at shows listen up. :thumb:

charles

Drew769

Thanks, all!  I have a WyWires cable on the way!  I’ll check it out and then may order more.  The Audio Arts look good, too.