SOLD Schiit Yggdrasil DAC $1700

newzooreview

SOLD Schiit Yggdrasil DAC $1700
« on: 3 Mar 2018, 12:03 am »
I'm significantly downsizing my system. This is the best sounding DAC I've had, and if I could fit full-sized components into my new setup I wouldn't consider selling it.

I'm the original owner, purchased the DAC just over two years ago from Schiit, and still have the original packaging.

It's in excellent condition (just been sitting in the rack in a non-smoking environment since I set it up).

Schiit offers both an analogue upgrade ($550) and a USB Gen 5 upgrade ($150) to bring the DAC to current state-of-the-art, but I can hardly imagine it sounding much better. I've used it with Harbeth 30.1 monitors and Vinnie Rossie LIO (all driven by battery powered Mac Mini and hard drive for a clean digital source). I've heard the much more expensive Lampizator at the Capital Audiofest, and I did not perceive anything better compared to the Yggdrasil.

Price: $1700 (no trades, please)
PayPal payment w/shipping to verified address
Shipping: to any of the 50 states, seller pays actual cost (will be insured for value)

I'll move this over to Audiogon in a week or so if there isn't interest. I've sold a few things there over the years (user: cedunlap) with all positive feedback.

http://www.schiit.com/products/yggdrasil

:thumb: Thanks!
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2018, 03:38 pm by newzooreview »

MttBsh

Re: FS: Schiit Yggdrasil DAC $1700
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2018, 04:12 am »
As an Yggdrasil owner myself, I would have a really hard time letting it go. I can say with confidence that you will not find another DAC anywhere near as great sounding for $1,700.00

AKLegal

Re: FS: Schiit Yggdrasil DAC $1700
« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2018, 01:56 pm »
Ditto, I just sent mine in for the upgrade.  I have not heard a better dac.  At its level, if you switch to a different dac it is a matter of taste not performance.