Building Of: Kitoki V2

Wolf Ear Audio

• Facilitator
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Building Of: Kitoki V2
« on: 19 Feb 2018, 10:24 pm »
I thought I would try something new for me and post the building of a Kitoki V2 with some pictures of different steps.

First up, let's start with a chassis top plate

Next, let's populate it with our connectors, capacitor clamps, etc.
I like to use good quality parts that don't break the bank, though I have no problem using any parts that are requested if a customer wants that :)

Then the output and mains transformers, capacitors, switches, stepped volume attenuator (made by me in-house), etc.
I'll be adding the attenuator's build as an update to the attenuator thread in a little bit to show better how they are made now, since I changed it up a bit.

EDIT Feb 27:Alright, so I did up the grounding and installed the power supply resistors, the heater wiring and the Teflon coupling capacitors.  :thumb:

EDIT Mar 6: The Kitoki top plate is now assembled! All parts are now installed and checked. Next up I'll do some voltage testing, burn-in and install some tubes and check for noise.

If there's anything else people would be interested in seeing, feel free to post here or message me!
« Last Edit: 6 Mar 2018, 11:45 pm by Wolf Ear Audio »

Wolf Ear Audio

• Facilitator
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Re: Building Of: Kitoki V2
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm »
I'll be updating this every few days until completion as I have time to do this  :thumb:

timind

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2018, 10:56 pm »
Very interesting. I'm looking for an amp to build so I hope you continue to update as you go.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Facilitator
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2018, 11:03 pm »
Very interesting. I'm looking for an amp to build so I hope you continue to update as you go.
I definitely will be finishing posting builds for this one and a Piksii preamp as well, so I got you covered  :thumb:

Wolf Ear Audio

• Facilitator
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2018, 11:27 pm »
I didn't get too much time this week. but I did make a point of taking at least one more stage of the build. I also updated the build for our standard series type attenuator (included in this build). You can check it here.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Facilitator
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2018, 11:47 pm »
Finished up the top plate! (see first post)

timind

« Reply #6 on: 7 Mar 2018, 12:13 am »
That is one impressive build. Off to your web site for info on the amp.

timind

« Reply #7 on: 7 Mar 2018, 12:22 am »
Sent you an email with questions about the amp.