Question about low level listening

jmolsberg

Question about low level listening
« on: 13 Feb 2018, 08:31 pm »
If this has been covered I apologize. After a visit to RMAF last year I am considering moving my Nola Contenders for the M4, they sounded amazing!
Seems like a handful of folks use NCore, which is what I use, and happy with the results. The Nola's do low quite well (60-70db) full sound but don't image the way I want. I sit pretty near field 7-8ft and they look pretty easy to slide forward for intimate listening sessions. So please tell me how do Spatial's sound at a candle light dinner, meat on the bones or are we eating lean?

Wind Chaser

Re: Question about low level listening
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2018, 09:25 pm »
I have the M3ts (Turbo S) version. IMO they sound equally well at all volumes, that is assuming they are fully broken in. As far as imaging goes, these are among the best (if not the best) speakers I have heard. I sit about the same distance from the speakers as you do, but mine are spread wide apart... as in 12' from the middle of one compression driver to the other. I also have raised mine up just over 5" to match the height of the compression drivers with my ear level. Great speakers for sure. Good things happen when you lose the box!  :thumb:

As for meat (and the quality of the meat) on the bones, that depends on everything (cables included) upstream.