Big Systems and Even Bigger Horns

electricbear

« Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2004, 03:46 pm »
holy crap!!!! And I thought I was crazy.

zako

« Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2004, 07:51 pm »
Yes & he has to call the electric company ahead of time before turning on all the amp,s. ....Time alignment is a bit of a problem and imaging a bit swishy.

nathanm

usurping
« Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2004, 11:07 pm »
Yes & he has to call the electric company ahead of time before turning on all the amp,s

Electric company? He says people think the room is going to explode with only 6 WATTS!  :o  He would probably have to call the nearest seismologist rather than the electric company when firing that sucker up! :lol:

That guy at least deserves his own segment on a TV show or something.  I've read about that system about four times now, but it never ceases to amaze me.  Talk about above and beyond the call of duty!  If I was him I would be flagging down punk teenagers in the streets driving their ghetto boomers and inviting them over to the house for some REAL bass. Well actually, I don't know if one finds that type of thing in Italy or not, but it's the thought that counts.

zako

« Reply #23 on: 4 Jan 2005, 01:33 am »
I was going through some of my old litrature on the Hartsfield. Other companys making that horn system are Classic Audio Reproductions inc.  Hal Cox of Calif.  And another small company  Sunlight Engineering Co. that made one using a 18" woofer plus making it a 4 way.  $36,000 pr.