Replacing Binding Posts with SpeakOn Connectors?

dubkarma

• "God made man because he loves stories." - Canetti
Replacing Binding Posts with SpeakOn Connectors?
« on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:45 pm »
I've mostly moved to SpeakON connectors on amplifiers and speaker cabinets.

Is it possible to change the binding posts to SpeakONs on a Bryston 3B-SST without invalidating the warranty?

Or even better, is there enough room on the back panel to add SpeakONs without removing the binding posts?

And is this something I could get an independent tech to do, or would it be possible to send the amp to Bryston headquarters in Peterborough to have the work done there?

Not a life-and-death query, but it would much simplify my life to only have to keep SpeakOn-terminated speaker cables on hand. . .

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Replacing Binding Posts with SpeakOn Connectors?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:49 pm »
I've mostly moved to SpeakON connectors on amplifiers and speaker cabinets.

Is it possible to change the binding posts to SpeakONs on a Bryston 3B-SST without invalidating the warranty?

Or even better, is there enough room on the back panel to add SpeakONs without removing the binding posts?

And is this something I could get an independent tech to do, or would it be possible to send the amp to Bryston headquarters in Peterborough to have the work done there?

Not a life-and-death query, but it would much simplify my life to only have to keep SpeakOn-terminated speaker cables on hand. . .

Hi

Email Mike and he should be able to let you know if it's do-able - mpickett@bryston.com

james