Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Aspen!

AKSA

« on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:30 am »
Folks,

The compliments of the 2004 season to all past, present and future customers from Hugh, Ben and Michael at Aspen Amplifiers!   :xmas:

Thank you for your strong support throughout the year and your understanding and patience over the long delays as we create the DAKSA and the AKSenter.  A very sincere thanks to all for forbearance, tolerance, and faith in Aspen.  It is very much appreciated, and certainly reciprocated.

In 2005, we hope to finally position the DAKSA and AKSenter in the market and then turn our attention to the latest digital technologies for Home Theatre.  Ben and I are looking at concepts at present, and already have a few ideas, which will be, as you might guess, a complete departure from conventional thinking.  If Aspen has a goal, it is unusual products done right for DIY, and this focus will continue.  In the meantime, I will also concentrate on exit strategies for the business to create some wealth in the retail market while maintaining our DIY roots.

Aspen has just acquired a DVD player, a Behringer 2496 digital processor, and a couple of new and powerful computers.  Most of the metal work for the GK1 Swift is now complete and awaiting electronics assembly and testing, and the company has even bought a 'new' car (an oldie but a goodie!).  Ben's PhD is now in sight, and these and other changes represent a fresh approach for the company.  I'm confident we will move ahead impressively and look forward to showing you some exciting DIY products in the year to come.   :bounce:

Merry Christmas, and keep safe on the roads!!   :rock:

Hugh

kyrill

« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2004, 08:12 pm »
To you too, old master of the trade

and to your wife and clever daughters.

And of course (musical)  happiness to Ben and Michael among other happy things
 :)

rabbitz

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2004, 05:01 am »
To you and yours, have a good one Hugh and wish you all the best in your ventures in the New Year. You made my 2004 great with the 55N+.

Al Garay

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2004, 06:04 am »
Many thanks Hugh for all that you have done to enrich many people's lives. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Al

PS. I did get the package. And YES, I'm grateful for the excellent deal.

Rhythm Willie

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2004, 12:04 pm »
Hugh & family,

IMO you are (another) truly great Australian we can be proud of for the inventiveness, courage,risk taking,persistence and fortitude to venture into the new & unknown. As I have found with a number of Australian Companies(i,e, Vaf Research) you are also ethical & customer focussed  business' thats a pleasure to deal with- keep it up.

As they say - no one is perfect - the true indicator of a good person is how they acknowledge a fix their mistakes(& learn from them).

There are so many b***shit/rip off people around these days (usually advertising heavilly),it's refreshing to see businesses like yours succeeding.

Have a great Christmas & I wish you continued success.

PS - Have you tried that Black Barossa Vallet Shiraz I gave you? - maybe on Christmas Day? Enjoy.

Dennis

Rhythm Willie

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2004, 12:14 pm »
Sorry - link to my Monoblock Photos did'nt copy/paste correctly. Link is

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dennis_traeger/my_photos

pea

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2004, 04:25 pm »
All the best to you Hugh, your family and all the others at Aspen!

I wish you warm feelings and glad tidings for the holidays and the happiest of new years filled with even more joy and success.

Best wishes to you Hugh -
Bruce Pea

bluesky

« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2004, 10:00 pm »
Dear Hugh and the Aksa community both in South East Queensland and at large,

My sincere best wishes to everyone.  May it be a safe and happy festive season for us all.

To my Aksa colleagues in Brisbane, we must organise another get together some time in the new year.  I am happy to host it at my place.

It might be a good idea to wait until the Aksentre I have my name down for one is available, once it is built so we can all have a listen together.

I will do a post inviting all the Aksa builders in South East Queensland once this is done.  

Take care everyone,

Ian

zachslc

« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec 2004, 10:15 pm »
Rhythm,

Are those two sets of binding posts on your monoblocks?  Is that just for bi-wiring?

Nice-looking construction.  I love the heavy chassis work.

jules

« Reply #9 on: 24 Dec 2004, 11:52 pm »
Merry Christmas Hugh and Family. I hope you all get to immerse yourselves in the usual excesses and  festivities and I look forward to meeting you sometime soon.

Thank you for your help during the year and thank you for your unique creation  that remains steadfast to it's goals of DIY and  innovative products.

What is Ben doing his Phd in?

:xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas: :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

jules

gonefishin

« Reply #10 on: 25 Dec 2004, 06:40 am »
To Hugh and the rest of the AKSA family...

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!  :D

God Bless,
     dan

Rhythm Willie

« Reply #11 on: 25 Dec 2004, 11:57 pm »
Sorry, somehow the link to my pics got on the wrong post, yes 2 sets of binding posts - I am actually tri-wirng the speakers & wanted to use thicker wire for the bass. Would have been a bit crowded trying to get the sets of wire on 1 binding post.

AKSA

« Reply #12 on: 26 Dec 2004, 12:57 pm »
Thanks Guys,

I am humbled by your collective responses, it is very important to me to have your approval;  I enjoy customer service immensely, and I strive always to be ethical and impartial.  At the start, my first love was R&D, but now I find serving the business ranks equally!!  This business is a privilege, and as time passes I learn more about the market, and how to negotiate the high and low points!!

I've just returned from South Australia with Sri (my wife) and Alessandra (my 17 year old daughter) - arrived home 11:30pm, a beautiful night in Melbourne, surprisingly heavy traffic as we passed through the City.  Man, I love this City, lovely place to live.

Jules, my help to you and to others has been a pleasure to me.  Ben's PhD is in psychoacoustics.  Good God Man, need you ask?  I shall leave it to him to explain his topic..... :mrgreen:

Now Christmas is passed by, a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to all!!!   :dance:

Cheers,

Hugh