FS: Combo Gain Clone LM3875 - Shiny Eyes 4P1L line stage Lundahl

Abszero

• SE DHT
This is a nice combo that combines :
---a good sounding Gainclone LM3875 using a kit from Audio sector and some nice Vu meters in addition.
--- my Shiny Eyes 4P1L preamp using Lundahl LL1671 output transformer ( see all the details at simplepleasuretubeamps | Thermionic Tubes and Sound Revelations)

The Gain clone delivers a clean 25W ( the power transformer used is medical grade 18V output). For more power ( up to 40W) one can use 22V power transformer.

Both devices are built on the same type of Modushop Pesante 3U-300 case and added nice American cherry wood sides.

Good for speakers 90+dB SPL 1m/1W. The speakers seen on the picture are my latest TangBand 1772-W8 TL designed by Bob Brines at Brines Acoustics and they are not included obviously..)..I like them too much.

The 4P1L line stage gives a nice touch to the solid state amp. In my opinion there is a nice synergy between a rock solid sound from the GainClone and the DH 4P1L amazing tonality.

Asking $1500 plus shipping. I have to mail them in separate boxes of about 24x18x10", 31 lbs ( preamp) and 28 lbs (amp), shipped from 06851.

Best,
Radu

plakey

So... what's this sound like? I have a pair of Zu Omen mk2 I'm trying to find an amp for... :)

Abszero

• SE DHT
Generally, I am reluctant to describe the sound. I consider it a matter of personal preference.
However, the Gain Clone is a inexpensive chip amp that has good HiFi performance.. It is cheap and the preamp will improve the sound of it. It is meant for whoever wants a cheap but decent system.

For your $2k speaker I would recommend a tube amp in the same price range. You don't need a lot of power, but 10+ watts would be nice. It all depends on your listening levels, room size, distance from the speakers and so on...

plakey

I have a bunch of amps, I’ve just never had a chip amp but have always been curious about the 47 Labs phenom.  8)

Abszero

• SE DHT
Then you can buy the amp only. I'll let it go for cheap

Abszero

• SE DHT
Preamp sold. I will post the Gain Clone separately.

Best,
Radu