FS: Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen.III M/T (HSE) Speakers - Ex.Cond. - Charlotte, NC

ada

For Sale: One (1) pair - Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen.III M/T (HSE) Speakers

Asking Price: $2500

This pair of VR-4 Gen.III M/T (HSE)'s are in excellent condition and finished in beautiful walnut/cherry with new black cabinet socks installed. Serial numbers match and they come from a smoke free home. Also it included is the original boxes. I rate them an 8/10 only for age. Carpet spikes and factory boxes are included.

One of the best Von Schweikert Speakers ever produced. Musical, dynamic, super smooth with no top end edginess and very tolerant of most electronics. Very rare on the used market.

Cool stuff to read:

http://www.stereotimes.com/speak101002b.shtml
http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/von_schweikert_vr4_geniii_hse.htm

Binding Posts: Double sets of CARDAS are used enabling bi-wiring.

Driver Complement: 2-9″ woven carbon-filament woofers, 1-6” Aerogel composite cone midrange driver, 1- 1” Dual Ring soft-dome tweeter, 1-1” rear firing ambience mid/tweeter with fabric dome and transmission-line loading. All drivers use our proprietary Advanced Motor System with low distortion design.

Crossover: Acoustic fourth order, at 150 Hz and 2.6 kHz, optimized for flat off-axis response and phase consistency over a wide Global Axis. Very high quality parts are used, including capacitors by Solen, Hovland, and Auricap; custom inductors that can handle up to 1500 watts before saturation, and computer-optimized internal wire.

Cash at pickup or PayPal with 3% if shipped. I will gladly work with your shipper if you want to coordinate shipping. I can have these boxed up and ready for pickup. Shipping charges will be handled the Buyer. Lower 48 states only.

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2017, 12:58 pm by ada »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Ya got an asking price?

ada

Asking Price $2500

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup

arlid

Hello.
I am in California and wonder what shipping may cost?
Thanks,
Arlid

ada

I would think $500 or less. The cost is less if the four boxes are palletized and shipped by common carrier. One factor is do you want home delivery or can you pickup at a shipper's terminal. You would need a pickup probably. Delivery method affects cost. Whoever wants these speakers will need to do a bit of legwork and coordinate with me on my end. There is always NAVL (Not American Van Lines). They pickup from me and deliver to you for around $500. I deal in pinball machines and they are a trusted carrier.

ada