NIN's "The Fragile"

davejcb

NIN's "The Fragile"
« on: 17 Dec 2004, 05:36 am »
All I have to say is 'WOW'.

Some would probably call it pretentious, I think it's just genius. I enjoyed The Downward Spiral very much, but not like this.

Tracks like Just Like You Imagined, La Mer, Into The Void are just great. I absolutely love the way Reznor uses different sound textures overlapping one another, as well as subtle sound cues in the background, often off in timing, it's just very creative.

I guess one could describe it as "beautiful ugly music", it's sometimes raw and angry, but yet it all comes together to make something great.

AND, to boot, it's a pretty good recording.

Picked this one up on eBay for five bucks, which for this two CD album is a steal.

Five stars.

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2004, 06:01 am »
oh yeaaah one of my fav albums actually

there is going to be an SACD and DVDA release soon :)

the album is very very well recorded... The better your system gets the bette r it sounds and more detail you can extract from the chaos :P

mcrespo71

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2004, 06:08 am »
This album is an incredible recording!  SEriously one of the best rock recordings ever- just be prepared for the ANGER

Michael :evil:

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2004, 01:36 pm »
just finished listening to it alllll over again

make sure you have some watts behind those speakers for NIN :)

JoshK

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2004, 01:42 pm »
Reznor is quite the genius, have always thought so.  In my youth I was so gung-ho on NIN but by the time The Fragile came out I was starting to mature and no longer being a kid wasn't sure if I was really going to like it.  I was wrong, it is fantastic and really quite intelligent.  

I have heard that Reznor got a degree in Computer Engineering from, iirc, U of Illinois Urbana Champaign, which is a really good CS school.  I also heard that he was forced to study the piano from a very young age.

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2004, 03:54 pm »
i consider the fragile to be on a different level to his other stuff and its by far my fav

he is still working on a new one as we speak btw :)

it has a name ... im going to go do some homework and lets ya'll know :)

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2004, 04:05 pm »

kgturner

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2004, 10:13 pm »
i'll have to agree that the fragile is one of the best nin albums i've heard in a long time. however, i'm shocked that it's almost 2005 and this is the first time the original poster heard the album. amazing! simply amazing.

kevin t

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2004, 04:22 am »
lol yes its been out for ages!

ASi_TEK

• NO LIMITS!!!
    • www.asi-tek.com
NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2004, 05:17 am »
I own the original NIN TDS and now both the DVD-A and SACD version. I guess you can say I love this music. The SACD is pretty dang good and has some over really tracks on disc 2. I do not have  5 channel system so I cannot comment on that.  I am very satisfied with the remaster.

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #10 on: 18 Dec 2004, 05:53 am »
has some over really tracks on disc 2? :)

also which is sonically better the sacd or dvda? :)

davejcb

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #11 on: 18 Dec 2004, 06:28 am »
Quote from: kgturner
i'll have to agree that the fragile is one of the best nin albums i've heard in a long time. however, i'm shocked that it's almost 2005 and this is the first time the original poster heard the album. amazing! simply amazing.

kevin t

I'm 23 and I don't like 97% of "today's" music, so I find myself discovering bands like The Doors and NIN...

WerTicus

NIN's "The Fragile"
« Reply #12 on: 18 Dec 2004, 07:25 am »
yeah im 22 and most of my collection its from the 70s.

todays music is shite

A perfect circle is good though - cept their latest album is shite also :(

check out Mer De Noms -APC