What happened to Toy Story DVDs?

mca

« on: 16 Dec 2004, 04:54 am »
I was planning to pick Toy Story 1 and 2 up for my sister and her kids for Christmas. I searched all the stores and no luck. I then found out they have both been discontinued! What the hell is up with that? Another evil plot by Disney/Pixar?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2004, 04:59 am »
Man, that blows! :o   But isn't that the way Disney operates?  I think they have a production run, then they don't make any more.  At least not for a few years.  I guess they think the "limited availability" will help move product.  Seems like you should still be able to pick them up somewhere, though.  You might try Amazon.com, or some local places that don't move an immense amount of discs.  Sometimes a K-Mart or some store like that will have some fairly old DVDs on the shelves.

Those are true classics.  I have the 2-in-1-Box version.  I really should watch them again soon.

byteme

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2004, 06:11 am »
Ya, hello!!!  Disney!!  There was a deal about a year or two ago that they were killing production on them.  I'd check half.com  or another online used place, although, based on what you're saying I'm thinking prices will be through the roof!

Digi-G

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2004, 01:07 pm »
There are lots and lots of Toy Story DVD's on ebay, most at reasonable prices.  I did see the 2-pack mentioned above and it IS quite pricey.  If you like ebay - I've had great results for hard to find things.

jermmd

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2004, 04:26 pm »
Under the circumstances, I see no recourse but DVD Shrink and Blockbuster. :o

Joe M.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2004, 09:47 pm »
I've bought a lot of CDs at Ebay and never been ripped off.  Sold a lot of DVDs, too.  It's getting kinda close to Xmas, though- a guy'd have to mail it straight away.

A DVD-R would be a kinda tacky Xmas gift, wouldn't it? :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2004, 09:56 pm »
I seem to recall one of the Fred Meyers in the area having one of the Toy Story/Toy Story 2/Bug's Life sets not too long ago.

Don't recall which one I saw it at though... :oops:

And it was certainly not recent enough to guarantee that it's still there. I'll stop by the Greenwood store later today and check.