Theta dac

bluemeanies

Theta dac
« on: 10 Sep 2017, 02:08 pm »
Hello,
I have the GRACE DESIGN m125 pre/dac.
Love it!
Recently I have been offer an external dac at a very good price in pristine condition with orginal box and manual.
It is the Theta DS PRO BASIC lllA dac. Yes I know it is an older piece of equipment, but I have read several outstanding reviews.
I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this particular dac and what they thought about it.

I appreciate all comments since I am seriously considering the purchase of this MB dac comparing it to the dac of the GRACE using SABRE chips.

Thank you, Frank

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Theta dac
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2017, 02:52 pm »
Hello,
I have the GRACE DESIGN m125 pre/dac.
Love it!
Recently I have been offer an external dac at a very good price in pristine condition with orginal box and manual.
It is the Theta DS PRO BASIC lllA dac. Yes I know it is an older piece of equipment, but I have read several outstanding reviews.
I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this particular dac and what they thought about it.

I appreciate all comments since I am seriously considering the purchase of this MB dac comparing it to the dac of the GRACE using SABRE chips.

Thank you, Frank
Hard to say as you dont mention sale price, or if you are a stringent audiophile, DACs tend to obsolete a bit fast today, but please note Personal Touch purpose is:
A Circle to share personal experiences with other members: Celebrate good times, Congratulate successes, Condole losses, Commiserate misfortunes and otherwise Connect with members to enhance our friendship in this Community.

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2017, 03:10 pm »
I can't comment on the DAC in question but must agree with FRM that this thread belongs in the "The Discless Circle".

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2017, 03:19 pm »
Perhaps the facilitator can move it over there for bluemeanies where he's likely to get a better response.  I haven't heard the Theta DAC in so long any opinion I presented on its sound quality wouldn't be valid.  But it might be a good counterpoint to your modern Sabre chip decoder.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2017, 06:50 pm »
I can't comment on the DAC in question but must agree with FRM that this thread belongs in the "The Discless Circle".

Nothin' to it.  :thumb:

bluemeanies

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2017, 07:03 pm »
Sorry about that.
I did not know and the thread has been moved.

blue

JakeJ

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2017, 07:11 pm »
It's all good, blue.  Hope you find the answer you are looking for.  Theta DACs are very highly regarded.

bluemeanies

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2017, 08:16 pm »