Next Meeting should be Great

John Casler

« on: 12 Dec 2004, 10:42 pm »
Latest from LA&OCAS

Dear Members,

For those coming to the Concert and Holiday Party on December 19th at my home, get ready for super surprises!

From John Casler, our VP of Development and California VMPS LoudSpeaker Distributor, a pair of $300 AudioQuest Jaguar DBS Interconnects, to be used as a door prize! Thank you John [Santa Cassler] and AQ!!!! And more door prizes, too, which we'll just keep as surprises! And Rich Revell, our VP at Large, has donated a case! of wine. Thank you Rich, we'll enjoy it!

Plus, watch BluePort record the Live Jazz Event on both audio and VIDEO. That's right, Steve McCormack will do a multiple camera shoot to accompany the DVDA recording. Everyone smile!

And, I've planned another secret added delight for all to enjoy.

It's all from 2-5:30pm...the Concert / Recording Session starts at 3pm. This will be an audiophile celebration to remember at our final event of 2004!!!! Come hungry and thirsty!

I am sorry that the holiday event is now completely full and we hope you did RSVP by the deadline, but if not, we look forward to seeing you all  February 20th [save the date please] at The Music.com/Classic Records 2005 kick-off event in Hollywood...hosted by lifetime members Mike Hobson and Scot Markwell.

Warmest regards and Very Happy Holidays!

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society

America's Premier Audio Society

www.laocaudiosociety.com   Home Phone: 714-281-5850

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2004, 12:22 am »
Yes, I'm looking forward to this one, if only to see Jim Merod and his recording rig in action.  I'll have to hold myself back from pestering him with so many questions and continually looking over his shoulder.

Bob Levi must have a HUGE room to accomodate a jazz group, recording rig, three camera shoot and a couple dozen drink guzzlin' audiophiles.  Should be fun!

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2004, 12:47 am »
Quote from: Russtafarian
Yes, I'm looking forward to this one, if only to see Jim Merod and his recording rig in action.  I'll have to hold myself back from pestering him with so many questions and continually looking over his shoulder.

Bob Levi must have a HUGE room to accomodate a jazz group, recording rig, three camera shoot and a couple dozen drink guzzlin' audiophiles.  Should be fun!

Yeah, we will actually be making a "live" recording of the group and with Jim's passion for his craft, I too look forward to it.

It will be interesting to see how accurately he is able get "placement" of the combo.

The Carl Saunders in SF is very well done and with a couple exceptions it is unbelievably realistic.

I think somehow some of the "finished product" will filter down to us.