Aksonics recommendation

AKSA

Aksonics recommendation
« on: 9 Dec 2004, 09:43 am »
Jules,

The AKSonics would suit your application, no doubt about it, and come in around $AUD1K all up.  They are designed to complement the AKSA power amps, and very easy to listen to and 'tweakable' in terms of cabinet size and porting.  This makes for frenetic compulsive-obsessive adjustment which is a lot of fun and teaches you something about speaks as well.  You obtain the drivers from WES Components in Ashfield, and the timber locally.  In the next few months Ben and I will be adding a sub to the mix to match up, so you will have stump-pulling bass along with great clarity and brilliant imaging, the two strengths of the AKSonics.

I'm sorry I offered this advice so late;  I have AKSonics, and they are my routine speaker, though with a 2x12" sub of 135 litres of Ron's design which is 3dB down at 17 Hz.  Most of the time I find I don't need the sub, but it's great on organ concertos and heavy rock.   :lol:

Cheers,

Hugh

Cheers,

Hugh

Al Garay

Aksonics recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2004, 01:36 am »
Hugh,

How are you crossing over to the subs? Single sub or two for stereo?
I expect that you are using your GK1 and AKSA amps to drive the subs.
Are you using an active crossover to filter lows from the monitors and highs from the subs? Perhaps you are runing the monitors full-range and using a crossover to cut the subs below 40 or 50Hz.

Thanks,

Al

EchiDna

Aksonics recommendation
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2004, 03:18 am »
Hugh... I thought you had learned not to let people in on your plans before they come to fruition ;-)

as it happens, I'm in the market for a DIY sub and now you bring this to the surface *sigh*  ... just when I thought I could commit to some adire drivers   :?

I guess I'm just gonna have to fly down to Melbourne in the new year to have a listen 8) ... oh and pop in on my parents while I'm there  :oops:

now the obvious question: When will it be out? what does it include?- no accurate answer expected!  :mrgreen:

AKSA

Aksonics recommendation
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2004, 07:53 am »
Glen,

You are right.  Doggone!!  Better not give any details.........

Al,

Sorry, can't tell you these details at this stage, still secret as we do the prototyping.  But it will be hot stuff, I promise.........

Cheers,

Hugh

tropicalcb

Aksonics recommendation
« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2004, 12:31 am »
.....now come on hugh, ur gettin all scattered aces again!!  ...where u at with the daksa?? ....  u may get a visit from the diy police real soon if its not finished asap ... and rumour has it they do very nasty things to recalcitrant designers....with big old 450v computer caps!!!!

AKSA

Aksonics recommendation
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2004, 12:31 pm »
Chris,

Thank you for the warning......  Now I know what's coming...... :lol:

Cheers,

Hugh

jules

Aksonics recommendation
« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2004, 10:42 pm »
Wow .... I think I was rather boggling at the idea of 135 litres of box with a couple of 12" drivers and some organ music threatening to cause serious structural damage to the house but other's have noted the possibilities before I came back online.

Thanks for the suggestion Hugh,

Jules