Streaming Tidal....which model BDP is overkill?

techguy0192

Streaming Tidal....which model BDP is overkill?
« on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:56 pm »
I've finally found myself getting more into digital audio.  I'm mainly interested in just streaming Tidal.  I don't have a desire to rip and store my CDs on a media player.  Just wanted to check in here with BDP owners.  I'm confident that the BDP-3 would be an insane amount of overkill for just Tidal.  So, which product would best suit my particular use case?  The BDP-Pi or possibly just a BDP-1?  Open to suggestions.

Thanks 

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: Streaming Tidal....which model BDP is overkill?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:01 pm »
I've finally found myself getting more into digital audio.  I'm mainly interested in just streaming Tidal.  I don't have a desire to rip and store my CDs on a media player.  Just wanted to check in here with BDP owners.  I'm confident that the BDP-3 would be an insane amount of overkill for just Tidal.  So, which product would best suit my particular use case?  The BDP-Pi or possibly just a BDP-1?  Open to suggestions.

Thanks

No such thing as overkill.

"Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess".
- Oscar Wilde"

:green:

p.s. I am very happy with BDP-2. Lifer for me.
(Selling my 5-yr old BDP-1).

zoom25

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:12 pm »
No such thing as overkill.

"Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess".
- Oscar Wilde"

:green:

p.s. I am very happy with BDP-2. Lifer for me.
(Selling my 5-yr old BDP-1).

How's the sale coming along?

Also, do you have Database enabled or disabled in Manic Moose?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2017, 08:33 pm »
How's the sale coming along?

Also, do you have Database enabled or disabled in Manic Moose?

A few bites, but I'm not shipping it. Have all the time in the world.  :icon_lol:

I think I have DB enabled -- because when power fails and I reboot, my iPad app (Bryston, not MPad anymore) reads "DB updating x %" at the bottom of screen. I can still add and play tracks to playlist as it updates.

zoom25

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2017, 09:00 pm »
A few bites, but I'm not shipping it. Have all the time in the world.  :icon_lol:

I think I have DB enabled -- because when power fails and I reboot, my iPad app (Bryston, not MPad anymore) reads "DB updating x %" at the bottom of screen. I can still add and play tracks to playlist as it updates.

Bryston has an app now? I checked the App store and couldn't find anything for either iPad or iPhone.

BTW how's the DB load time? Does it have to make the DB overtime it boots? I disabled mine almost a year ago and now run it on a closed router system. Some of the pics I've seen recently of Manic Moose makes me want to reconsider.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2017, 10:44 pm »
Bryston has an app now? I checked the App store and couldn't find anything for either iPad or iPhone.

BTW how's the DB load time? Does it have to make the DB overtime it boots? I disabled mine almost a year ago and now run it on a closed router system. Some of the pics I've seen recently of Manic Moose makes me want to reconsider.

Not an "app" -- it's the page you see on screen thru your browser when u type in the IP address.

DB time is decent. As long as I can still play music while it updates, I'm happy. And I only update about once/wk if I get a few new tracks or a new album. Moose does look nice, but I was not crazy about cover art etc. anyways. I listen mostly with me eyes shut, anyways.

techguy0192

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2017, 03:26 pm »
Any additional feedback from other BDP users streaming Tidal?