I'm new here

deadhead

I'm new here
« on: 10 Jun 2017, 12:25 pm »
Hello!  I'm getting back into the hobby recently and have started to assemble 2 systems, one for each of my homes.  My "dream system" was lost when my house flooded during hurricane Irene and I just didn't have the heart to replace it right away.

Here's what that was:
Vandersteen 5's
Aesthetics's Calypso
Quicksilver V4 Monos
Cary 306
Mostly Audioquest cables.

My newest systems look like this so far;
Belles Aria integrated
Oppo UDP 203
ProAc Tablet anniversary.

System 2
Quicksilver Line stage pre amp
Odyssey Khartago Stereo amp
Blue Sound Vault
No dedicated speakers as of yet.  I have an old pair of KEF's I'm using as a place holder.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2017, 02:52 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, deadhead.  :beer:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2017, 02:54 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC deadhead   :thumb:

witchdoctor

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2017, 04:14 pm »
Hello!  I'm getting back into the hobby recently and have started to assemble 2 systems, one for each of my homes.  My "dream system" was lost when my house flooded during hurricane Irene and I just didn't have the heart to replace it right away.

Here's what that was:
Vandersteen 5's
Aesthetics's Calypso
Quicksilver V4 Monos
Cary 306
Mostly Audioquest cables.

My newest systems look like this so far;
Belles Aria integrated
Oppo UDP 203
ProAc Tablet anniversary.

System 2
Quicksilver Line stage pre amp
Odyssey Khartago Stereo amp
Blue Sound Vault
No dedicated speakers as of yet.  I have an old pair of KEF's I'm using as a place holder.

The Blue Sound gear is excellent, i own the Node. Have fun shopping for speakers, so many to choose from. I am partial to Harman brands myself.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2017, 04:25 pm »
Hello, deadhead.

Welcome to AC. That's a shame about your loss.

I just ended my three-year search for speakers last month. I had a blast getting there (though I suspect a few dealers/manufacturers were getting impatient with me). Try to enjoy your search for new speakers.  :thumb:

Michael

P.S. You other two posts will show up once the respective admins approve your posts. The first two posts (other than in this thread) require approval. It one of those 'avoid bots' strategies.

deadhead

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2017, 05:45 pm »
Thanks for the info Michael.  What speakers did you end up with?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2017, 06:17 pm »
Daedalus Audio Apollos

There's an AC member (Aldcol) who owns the Daedalus Pan speakers who lives 20 minutes from me. He and I have been sharing ideas and equipment, and attending/hosting small G2Gs for a couple years now. The basic design of his Pans and my Apollos are similar in that they are three-way designs. The Apollos could be thought of as Pans on steroids.  :lol:  Soundstage, resolution, clarity, and the almost horn-like sound quality just clinched me. The midrange is to die for - even worth risking my wife's wrath - LOL!

I listened to or auditioned more than 100 speakers over the last three years and had narrowed the list down to three or four models. Then, Aldcol and I drove up to Lou's showroom/workshop in Ferndale, WA last month for a five-hour listening session of 4 models. That's when I decided I could be happy with the Apollos.

They're not quite ready, but I won't have to wait long. Aldcol will babysit them for a spell and suffer the onerous task of breaking them in for me - poor guy.

Michael

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2017, 07:16 pm »
Welcome!

TrungT

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2017, 08:56 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: