Sold! Don Sachs Model 2

Chris Adams

Sold! Don Sachs Model 2
« on: 26 May 2017, 04:34 pm »
Sold!

This is the best bargain in high end pre amps that I know of. I will hold its own with the best. Sound is clear, clean, open, dimensional, and the mids are glorious. It has about 300 hours on it. Nicely broken in. This one comes with remote, Mundorf power supply film caps, Jupiter 1uF copper output caps, Black Treasure CV181z tubes, Herbie's Tenderfeet. I have a hair under $2600 into it. Asking $1950 and I'll cover Paypal, you cover shipping. I'll ship FedEx ground to CONUS only with insurance and tracking. Comes with remote and tubes. As good as new with no two month wait.
The tape in/out on the back has pencil labeling because Don forgot. I didn't think it was an issue. 

Why am I selling if it is so good? Good question. I bought a Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT last fall and it took me until now to decide to sell the Don Sachs Model 2 because I was keeping it as a back up. Is the LIO better? For me, it is for a number of reasons, off the grid and the ability to upgrade for two. Sound quality is too close to call, different, but not necessarily better or worse. That, I have found, is the way it is when you reach a point.

Please ask any questions. Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: 26 May 2017, 10:27 pm by Chris Adams »

tlarwa

Re: FS: Don Sachs Model 2
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2017, 09:50 pm »
My holy grail ... just not financially in the cards right now.  Beautiful piece, good luck with the sale!