A recently written blurb about our new module....
With 1000W capability (thermally limited), the 2 x 2 x 1/2 inch Maraschino Module may have the highest audio amplifier power density in the world, but more importantly, they may also be the best sounding module available today! Other modules on the market use modulation techniques that are affected by speaker reactance, or they use gobs of "ringy sounding" negative feedback to achieve good bench measurements into a dummy load resistor, or they have high distortion approaching the audio band that can smear imaging, or they are simply overpriced old technology.
The Maraschino Module is essentially a miniaturized Maraschino Monoblock amplifier board, minus the low voltage power supplies. These modules have the same topology and sonic quality as the well regarded Maraschino Cherry line of high-end audio amplifiers. They are significantly different in design than other modules on the market. Here are some differentiating factors:
1. Low-feedback, low-impedance,high-bandwidth design for fast, clean sound quality into actual reactive speaker loads
2. Direct Connections and Easy Assembly.... Solder, or plug into, a simple motherboard (essentially connectors and power supplies) as opposed to being connected with multiple wire harnesses
3. Can be socketed for future upgradeability
4. Heat is transferred to the chassis through the motherboard, covering thermal considerations in most applications
5. SNR is >115dB. THD+N is less than 0.01% at 10W output
6. Power "doubles down".... Delivers 200W into 8Ω, 400W into 4Ω, and 800W into 2Ω with 60V rail supply
7. Power "doubles down".... Delivers 125W into 8Ω, 250W into 4Ω, and 500W into 2Ω with 48V rail supply
8. 0-100kHz frequency response
9. Low output impedance through entire audio band
10. Other features:
a. DC coupled
b. True Balanced Output
c. Balanced or Single Ended input
d. Amp enable and Auto-sleep enable pins
Maraschino amplifiers are optimized for sonics, not just bench performance driving continuous sine waves into an ideal resistor. In order to save space on the module, the low voltage power supplies are external. The module board is double sided using small package components. It's dual in-line package can be soldered to the motherboard or plugged into female headers on the motherboard. Socketing the module allows future upgrades. It's easy to add Maraschino amplification to your product. A simple, fully documented development package is available.