Using PMC Twenty.24.
Impressive synergy with PMC speakers and with BDA-3 DAC. Not sure about other brands...
Compared to SST2 I am experiencing:
- lower noise floor
- improved clarity, detail, expressive midrange
- no harshness (of course, this could come from the source, cables, etc)
- less warm up time (5 min maybe), which took around 30 minutes with the SST2. Listening was unimpressive before that time.
- more grip on bass, more cohesive and more rhythmic
- more engaging
- more attack rather than the velvet punch of the sst2
- brings the energy of the bass to the listening position
- the volume button still needs to travel a lot to increase volume. Instead of 9 o'clock it is 12 o'clock
- no remote included
- gets a bit warm on the faceplate but not exaggerated (ignore this)
- somehow fussy about power cables, stock one is a no-go for me
- a power conditioner shows improvements further on the noise floor and is still needed in my opinion
I'm struggling to find a compatible power cable now... tough mission. Any recommendations of a brand ?