Raiders of the lost ark

Charles Calkins

Raiders of the lost ark
« on: 27 Jan 2017, 12:57 am »

Hi Guys:
     The other day I saw that Amazon prime has The raiders of the lost ark movies on their site.
     I watched the first one and I'll probably watch #2 later this evening.
     Those movies are a BLAST!!! very entertaining. I'll give them a 4 Popcorn rating.

Cheers
                                                             Charlie

Wind Chaser

Re: Raiders of the lost ark
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:18 am »
The first one was the best. I fell asleep during the second, don't remember the 3rd or the 4th installment.

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:24 am »
Absolutely agree the first one "Raiders of the Lost Arc" was the best.  Chemistry between and Harrison Ford and Karen Allen was excellent as was the plot and everything else.

*Scotty*

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:29 am »
I bought the Complete Adventures collection on a few months back.
https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Complete-Adventures-Raiders/dp/B000NQRE9Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485480169&sr=8-3&keywords=raiders+of+the+lost+ark
My wife and I enjoy them and the necessary remastering job on the first 3 movies is very good.
Scotty

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:33 am »
I was watching Raiders the other day, and it just dawned on me that was Alfred Molina as his sidekick in the beginning of the film...how cool!

These films hold up so well...truly a joy to re-watch

ebag4

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:37 am »
I saw it 4 times the first month it came to the cinemas 100 years ago, great flick.  That boulder was a great effect back then when seen on the big screen.

Best,
Ed

SET Man

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:43 am »
Hey!

One of my favorite movies. I don't know how many times I watched this one. Every time I saw it on TV I'll just have to watch. "Indiana Jones" series is one of my favorite ever. Although the last one was a bit weird for me, but love Cate Blanchett with that bobbed hair  :inlove:

Now you just have to see them all and you should!

Take care,
Buddy  :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2017, 02:13 am »
I saw it 4 times the first month it came to the cinemas 100 years ago, great flick.  That boulder was a great effect back then when seen on the big screen.

Best,
Ed

Ditto the boulder.  I remember it well.  :o  That and Karen Allen trading shots with some gnarly dude.

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2017, 02:54 am »
Christmas 1981  :o  my best friend and I saw it twice a day every day for 10 days in a row at the town's $1 theater. Ahh youth...

But we loved it every time, never got bored. I still like to watch it on DVD.

fishboat

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2017, 03:04 am »
A few weeks ago I saw the first one (Raiders of the Lost Ark)  in a concert hall with a big screen above the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, who played the score live.  Quite an experience..what a show..

http://www.marcuscenter.org/show/raiders-of-the-lost-ark/