mpod is gone...

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
mpod is gone...
« on: 20 Jan 2017, 07:56 pm »
hi, folks!

sad but true...the app store doesn't offer it anymore.

any other ideas what can be used instead to control the BDP-1 via cell phone (except Bryston's Mini) ??

thanks,

al.

Krutsch

Re: mpod is gone...
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2017, 08:25 pm »
hi, folks!

sad but true...the app store doesn't offer it anymore.

any other ideas what can be used instead to control the BDP-1 via cell phone (except Bryston's Mini) ??

thanks,

al.

Soundirok.

alexone

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2017, 08:40 pm »
ok, cool. will give it a try. thanks! :thumb:

al.

schmidtmike76

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2017, 10:40 pm »
Has anyone compared the two. 

gtaphile

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2017, 04:48 am »
Has anyone compared the two.

I have it running and it is certainly more responsive than MPAD but can't get the cover art to load. The tutorial that I found from the provider is not very helpful to me so I asked the developer for direction.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2017, 12:19 pm »
Hi folks

Chris will be releasing an updated version of Manic Moose this week so have a look. I think it has improved substantially

James

schmidtmike76

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2017, 02:36 pm »
Thanks James

alexone

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2017, 06:04 pm »
I have it running and it is certainly more responsive than MPAD but can't get the cover art to load. The tutorial that I found from the provider is not very helpful to me so I asked the developer for direction.

...very interesting as it seems that i have the same problems :o

so may i ask you what the developer told you to do, please?!?

thanks,

al.

Krutsch

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2017, 06:13 pm »
...very interesting as it seems that i have the same problems :o

so may i ask you what the developer told you to do, please?!?

thanks,

al.

Here is a thread on the topic; see if this helps.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=144773.0

alexone

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2017, 06:53 pm »

thanks, Krutsch :D

al.

XMAN

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jan 2017, 02:46 pm »
Here is a thread on the topic; see if this helps.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=144773.0

Once you figure out all of the idiosyncrasies Soundirok is a very good app, and Krutsch was a big help for me when i was in the same position.  That said i have been running the beta version of MM and it is very nice as well.  I haven't been using IPOD for a while now because Soundirok and the beta MM are better IMHO.

X

Krutsch

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2017, 04:22 pm »
Once you figure out all of the idiosyncrasies Soundirok is a very good app, and Krutsch was a big help for me when i was in the same position.  That said i have been running the beta version of MM and it is very nice as well.  I haven't been using IPOD for a while now because Soundirok and the beta MM are better IMHO.

X

Thanks for the hat-tip.

I agree, Manic Moose is a LOT better than it was even 6 months ago; I find I have perfect album art and tag reading across my FLAC collection and MPD playback is still best-in-class, sound-wise. Part of that, to be frank, is I've been massaging the tags in my collection to accommodate issues, but still... MM has matured.

For Soundirok, do take the time to setup the iCloud backup feature, if you are using Apple devices. This is the killer feature, IMO, that automatically saves and syncs your settings/collections/sets across all of your devices. Really nice if you want to run the app on more than one device (e.g. an iPad and your iPhone, which is what I do), without needing to worry about the settings on each device.

Finally, if you have more than one MPD device (e.g. a BDP-1 and a BDP-Pi), Soundirok's collections and/or intelligent sets feature is a nice replacement for standard M3U playlists, because all of your devices auto-magically inherit the same collections/sets. I was nervous about putting time into this, until the backup feature was in-place.

These features together, IMO, make Soundirok the ideal MPD app when you have multiple playback devices with locally attached or NAS storage of music files.

XMAN

« Reply #12 on: 23 Jan 2017, 08:58 pm »
I like the custom views that you are able to set up through Soundirok with MM I had to work on my album tags to make it easier to find albums. Soundirok also has the ability to read booklets which is a nice touch.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2017, 12:26 pm »
Hi Folks

I am trying out Soundirok and it seems to want to reload the music library every time I use it - am I doing something wrong?

james

OTM

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jan 2017, 12:19 pm »
Hi
I have It on an  IPad.
Mine takes about 6 seconds to load to the albums view screen. Do you have the "enable image cache setting" on?
I use MM most of the time it loads in about 4 seconds. Not a large library
David

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm »
Hi

Its about 65,000 songs.  I will check that setting.  In my case it just freezes in the loading function and I have to go out and back in to  use it. :scratch:

MM loads instantly for me as does MPAD.

james

OTM

« Reply #16 on: 29 Jan 2017, 05:39 pm »
Hi
BDP-2 external drive, only 6k songs
MPaD about 2 seconds load.
David

Krutsch

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jan 2017, 07:10 pm »
Hi Folks

I am trying out Soundirok and it seems to want to reload the music library every time I use it - am I doing something wrong?

james

Soundirok will detect if you've run an Update (i.e. MPD update) and then re-download the database. If you have your BDP setup to update on restart, and you restart your BDP before using Soundirok, that would cause that behavior. I have about 16K tracks, loads instantly, and only updates when I force it (e.g. I've added music to my thumb drives).

With a 65K collection, it's possible that the initial load of the database and the album art is taking a LONG time; you can watch the progress bar across the top of the banner (it's small and hard to see). If it's not finishing, and you close the app, it might be restarting every time you launch the app.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2017, 10:15 pm »
Soundirok will detect if you've run an Update (i.e. MPD update) and then re-download the database. If you have your BDP setup to update on restart, and you restart your BDP before using Soundirok, that would cause that behavior. I have about 16K tracks, loads instantly, and only updates when I force it (e.g. I've added music to my thumb drives).

With a 65K collection, it's possible that the initial load of the database and the album art is taking a LONG time; you can watch the progress bar across the top of the banner (it's small and hard to see). If it's not finishing, and you close the app, it might be restarting every time you launch the app.

Hi

I do not have it set for update on restart but maybe I am not giving it enough time - will experiment - thanks.

james