Aloha and howdy!

JWM Acoustics

• Industry Participant
  • Chasing Art, Audio and Sound...
    • JWM Acoustics
Aloha and howdy!
« on: 15 Jan 2017, 02:35 pm »
Aloha and howdy!
This will be my first post, so go easy on me. I'm not usually one for message boards and such. I'm told by my buddies that I should come out of the speaker shop and listening room for a bit and see what's really going on out here in audio land! So here I am!

My name is Joshua W. Miles and I and the owner and designer for JWM Acoustics. My company has been located in Hawaii for roughly 15 years. This last year, I began the crazy tough task of moving my company to Austin Texas. Why? Many reasons. Mainly the isolation and hi cost of manufacturing.

The audio community is strong in the islands, just not very social. As a designer, input from as many folks as possible is key. After all, we design for other people to enjoy the music. If limited to opinions of only a few sets of ears, so to will the product be limited. Simple.

I don't need to elaborate on the costs of living and manufacturing in the islands. Let's just say, I paid almost 6 bucks for a gallon of gas last time I was back. Now equate that to shipping and trade show costs on the mainland. Nuff said.

I am so looking forward to this next adventure and getting to know all the fun people on here and in the Austin area. Keep in mind, I really love hosting listening sessions in my home, so if ever in the area, drop me a line!

Mahalo!
Josh

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Aloha and howdy!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2017, 03:08 pm »
Welcome Josh :thumb: have just see your beautiful gallery in your site:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2017, 03:46 pm »
Welcome!

mav52

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2017, 07:08 pm »
Josh you reside on O'ahu , darn it. we will be out to you're area of heaven later this month, but it will be Maui.

Love the wood on the TT, is that Koa

Welcome

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2017, 07:30 pm »
Beautiful looking speakers and stands !! :thumb:  Wow!!

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2017, 08:49 pm by stlrman »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2017, 09:37 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Josh  :thumb:

JWM Acoustics

• Industry Participant
    • JWM Acoustics
« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2017, 09:01 pm »
Josh you reside on O'ahu , darn it. we will be out to you're area of heaven later this month, but it will be Maui.

Love the wood on the TT, is that Koa

Welcome

Aloha,
Awwww. Just missed ya. I am actually in Austin at the moment. If you are ever in the area, look me up!

I rarely use Koa any more. However, in order to off set my use, I do plant about 1,000 Koa trees a year on Big Island. It is a beautiful wood indeed. Most of what I am using is Monkey Pod and Mango. I use many others as well. As long as they sound good and are from downed trees.  Enjoy!

JWM

JWM Acoustics

• Industry Participant
    • JWM Acoustics
« Reply #7 on: 8 Feb 2017, 09:03 pm »
Thank you all so much!
I look forward to this!
JWM