About to spend some money!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: About to spend some money!
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2017, 01:57 am »
I haven't heard any Emotiva gear, but I have heard Prana speakers, and they are awesome. 

mdean109

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jan 2017, 02:52 am »
I'm very happy with the speakers. Even with my Denon receiver. I'm hoping they will sound even better once the Emotiva gear is driving them.

I haven't heard their gear either. I've read some really good reviews and decided to give them a try.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2017, 03:11 am »
Michael,

Congratulations on scoring those PranaFidelity Fifty90s! I know how great they sound because I was lucky enough to hear them in their creator's listening room last summer. Steven Norber is a genius if you ask me. The SQ he squeezes out of the driver's and crossovers made a huge impression on me. Of course, he powered them with his Ncore1200 amp 400w/ch amp, which may have influenced the SQ just a wee bit.  :wink:

I also got to hear his floor standing speakers that are voiced the same to my ears, but reach deeper in the bass region. I periodically check for used Fifty90s in the hope that I'll score a pair (even though I have no place to put them at the moment).

I once had a Denon. When I moved up to a better quality amp, the difference was striking. I suspect you'll have a similar experience with your new Emotiva amp.

Enjoy!