Hello fellows at AudioCricle

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
Hello fellows at AudioCricle
« on: 13 Dec 2016, 02:49 pm »
Hello friends!

Found this forum while quickly browsing through reviews before buying equipment last Black Friday.

I ended up buying some really nice, small, starters equipment which I am really happy with:
- 2 x Totem Rainmakers (White)
- 1 x NuForce DDA-100 (The original one, not the new Optoma version)
- Very fine optical cables (TV and Airport Express both Optically connected to DDA)
- Very rudimentary speaker cables
- Borrowed Totem Beaks (which I will be returning shortly)

I installed all this on our bedroom and music listening and TV movies have got a whole new level of enjoyment!  Its incredible!  Friends have compared the listening experience to having good headphones on instead of speakers, with all the added benefit.

I replaced the bridges on the Speakers with the Speaker Cable and did some testing regarding which posts to use on the Rainmakers: bottom, top, both diagonals.  At first I thought I listened subtle differences, but since I was thumb-screwing the cables, it took a while, so I fitted some banana-plugs to the cables to switch faster, and I have to say I kind of stopped listening (or imagining? :P ) the differences.  Any input on this?  I then did the same with the Beaks, and then tried a blind test and asked my wife to place them, remove them without me knowing.  I couldn't hear any difference either.  Maybe I'm a bit deaf! LOL!

So, all things considering, I'm doing great.  As probably we all do, drooling over some of the equipment I read about (mainly a NuPrime IDA-16 or 8?), and looking into options for a dedicated HiFi Audio computer or (the thing that brought me to this forum) an Omnia.

The reason I'm mostly reading about NuPrime is because I live in Ecuador, South America, so Hi End components are not easy to find, but there is a local dealer for NuPrime, so those are easier to come by, all other similar equipment requires trips, traveling friends (with lots of space on their bags :) ) or heavy import taxes.

Looking forward to discussing ideas and reading your opinions.
Best regards,
Rafa.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Hello fellows at AudioCricle
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2016, 03:02 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Rafa. 

You have many beautiful photographs on your website. Very fine, indeed. 8)   You'll note that AudioCircle has a very cool photography Circle. It's named Eye Fidelity. You'll like the 'Picture of the Day' thread.  :thumb:
Again, welcome. :beer:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2016, 03:08 am »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2016, 03:16 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Rafa   :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2016, 03:43 am »
Rafa,

Welcome to AC!

My father and I visited Quito before and after our trip to the Galápagos Islands about 8 years ago. We both enjoyed walking tours of Quito. The people were so friendly and their hospitality was amazing!

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2016, 04:46 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the nice comments on my photographs Jeery, and for taking the time to check on my site. I need to update it, long overdue changes needed. I'll check the eye fidelity section. Clever naming! Lol!

Thanks Phil and Arthur.

Mresseguie, thanks, and glad you enjoyed Quito. i believe you capture our 'latin' esence describing us as friendly. You are lucky to have been to Galapagos, I myself went over 20 years ago and have not returned since. Hope I can follow your lead soon.

Thanks again friends, looking forward to seeing you all out there.

Best regards,
Rafa.