How about a Golden Ear Award?

Danny Richie

« on: 20 Nov 2004, 06:19 pm »
As many of you have noticed Absolute Sound had really good coverage of the Edge/Epiphany room at CES this year.

They even published a picture of Jonathan Valin bowing down to the Epiphany 12/12 model after a lengthy audition. See April/May 2004 issue.

The Absolute Sound asked to be the first publication to review the speakers and were sent the two smaller sized models for review.

August/September issues featured the first ever reviews of two different speaker models by the same company in one issue. The 6/6 model and the 12/12 model both got great reviews.

Then in the October/November issue Editors Choice awards were given to both models.

Now in the latest December/January issue they released their highest awards for the year, the Golden Ear Awards.

One Golden Ear award was given to Epiphany Audio and the 6/6 model was chosen.

Nice to see my work so well covered this year.  :mrgreen:

Also a big congratulations to my good friends from Edge electronics for their great year, that also included Editors Choice awards and a Golden Ear award.

jonwb

Re: How about a Golden Ear Award?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2004, 06:34 pm »
Congratulations Danny!  I'm sure both speakers sound stupendous.  I'm also sure a lot of hard work and long hours went into their development.

Heck, I'm lovin' my "poor-mans" 12/12 right now   :wink:

sica

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2004, 07:45 pm »
Danny, did you design the 6-6 Plus, the one with dual 8 inch woofers?  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2004, 08:00 pm »
Danny, did you design the 6-6 Plus, the one with dual 8 inch woofers?

The design is exactly the same as the standard 6/6 model, but they added a pair of eights and a powered plate amp to it. The eights are playing from 40 to 45Hz and down giving it some bottom end and a full range sound.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2004, 06:28 pm »
Congratulations, Danny!  It's nice to see your hard work recognized. :D

dbarnet

« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2004, 08:34 pm »
Quote from: Danny
Danny, did you design the 6-6 Plus, the one with dual 8 inch woofers?

The design is exactly the same as the standard 6/6 model, but they added a pair of eights and a powered plate amp to it. The eights are playing from 40 to 45Hz and down giving it some bottom end and a full range sound.

Danny,

I just responded to Cougar's post from San Diego and told him what I thought of the 6-6 + compaired to the Alpha Ls. No disrespect to you, just my thjoughts.

Dave Barnett