Joining in....again....

fidobite

Joining in....again....
« on: 29 Nov 2016, 08:58 pm »
I've been in and out of audiophilia a number of times over the years. Happily or sadly I've again fallen to its siren call. I'm looking forward to "catching up" and making new friends equally addicted.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado is where I call home now (after 32 yrs in CA). I 1st got hooked on the audio drug while living in the Montclair area of the Oakland hills above S.F. Bay circa 1985. I was enjoying a pair of Polk Audio 10's along with a Denon integrated and a decent Technics turntable at the dawn of the CD era.

The apparent potential of the new media led me on a local search that ended up at Brian Cheney's home just over the hill from where I lived. Some of you may remember the name as his speakers eventually won best of show at the CES around 2007 or so. At the time he'd been designing & building speakers for some 10 yrs when I came across his small b/w ad in Audio magazine. I walked into his house/development studio to confront his latest monster Super Tower creations and spent the day blown away by amazing, live concert volume sound! I was hooked and after a bit more "shopping around" I called Brian and ordered his smaller Super Towers (half size) and off I went down the road of upgrading amps, pre-amps, cables, etc., etc.

Now, all these years later I am "back in" again after my move and several up 'n down years in my career. I had spent the late 80's tweaking Brian's creations, I moved on to Apogee Duetta Signatures (with an enormous dbx BX1 amp to drive these current hogs) for almost 20 yrs, a foray into a B&W monitors/Hsu Research subs combo, various cables,  a variety of CD players, treated listening rooms, equipment swaps here and there...always on the "quest" for better sound. I've never really been "out" of the hobby, just taking breaks and enjoying whatever level of sound I had achieved and quelling the urge to keep transitioning. And so it goes.........  :wink:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Joining in....again....
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2016, 09:15 pm »
Welcome Fidobite :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2016, 10:50 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC fidobite   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2016, 12:27 am »
Welcome to AC!