Saphire II

sna12528

Saphire II
« on: 21 Nov 2016, 10:59 pm »
Hi, I am new to this website, I own a Saphire II system with 2 Sub_1

woofers. During a recent move, one of the movers picked up one of the subwoofers and put his hand through the speaker cone tearing the rubber surround. There is no identification on the speaker itself, it is a 12" with 2 coils, does anyone have information on this subwoofer for a repair or replacement? This is my favorite speaker set, I would love to repair it back to original condition.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Saphire II
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2016, 11:12 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, sna12528.  :beer:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2016, 11:12 pm »
Welcome to AC!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2016, 02:34 am »
This is my favorite speaker set, I would love to repair it back to original condition.
Welcome :thumb:
Contact the manufacturer if possible for repair info.
http://www.audioconceptsonline.com/

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2016, 02:53 am »
Where are you located?  There's a guy in St Charles (St Peters?) MO that rebuilt my 40-year-old Dahlquist subs and did a fantastic job!  Reasonable, too.  I shipped them to him along with a check. 

sna12528

« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2016, 10:14 pm »
Thank you for the link to Audioconcepts online and for the referral, I will ping them. I am located in San Jose, CA. I have been researching online and the rubber surrounds can apparently be replaced with some modest skills. The rubber surround is what was ripped, the cone is intact.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2016, 09:35 am »
Thank you for the link to Audioconcepts online and for the referral, I will ping them. I am located in San Jose, CA. I have been researching online and the rubber surrounds can apparently be replaced with some modest skills. The rubber surround is what was ripped, the cone is intact.
Usually a repair kit is 1 piece setup: suspensions/cone/VC ready to install, changing only the external suspension it will be new but the other parts will be old, affecting mainly the spider.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2016, 11:02 am by FullRangeMan »