arthurs

Western Electric operating again?
« on: 8 Nov 2016, 03:33 am »
Anyone know more about this?  http://www.westernelectric.com/

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Western Electric operating again?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2016, 03:44 am »
Most intresting.   I have seen some Asian company selling equiptment that was designed around W E products and so labled as a W E by xyz company.

There is a reference on the site about some folks using the W E name.   And I noticed tube depot is a retailer of the new line of equiptment.

Worth watching maybe.  And they also announced they would do all the big audio shows

Alan
From the website

Western Electric Launches New Website Serving The High End Audio Industry
Rossville, GA, September 15, 2016

Western Electric today announced a new website designed to appeal to the High End Audio industry. Over the coming weeks and months, Western Electric will be announcing new products and partnerships with recognized industry experts and brands.

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:12 am »
Waiting for reviews of their 300B tubes.  Unless is an Asian knock off. 

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2016, 11:22 am »
I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2016, 02:07 am »
Disclaimer - I think read this on the WE site some four or more years ago.  I know I read it somewhere.  :lol:

Several years ago several investors bought the old abandoned WE plant in Kansas.  It had all the original tooling and a great deal of the original materials.  So they got it restarted and first made, what else, the 300B.  IIRC, it was ~$850 apiece to start with but now :dunno:.  Tube Depot has a matched pair of NOS 6/1952 USN-CW-300B for a mere $4995!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2016, 03:31 am »
As Paul Harvey use to say, her is the rest of the story.   

I will mention this is a 2013 article and the price of the  mdl. 97 amp is $100,000...  seems my wish list just got shorter.
Alan

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/business/aroundregion/story/2013/jun/23/western-electric-plugs-into-rossville/111503/

Escott1377

« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2016, 04:14 pm »
I exchanged a couple of emails w/ Tube Depot and the 300B is not available.

Matter of fact, they had no ETA for the tube - it has been expected for a while but not yet in production.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2016, 05:02 am »
Anyone know more about this?  http://www.westernelectric.com/
This 300B release are old from 1996 as it was tested by Stereophile in Jan1997, as is know this 300B sounded too far from the NOS WE300B.
Today they yet dont discover how the NOS 300B metals were made to delivery a similar NOS WE300B sound.