My Alpha LS speakers are DONE!!!

jonwb

My Alpha LS speakers are DONE!!!
« Reply #20 on: 23 Nov 2004, 05:43 am »
Quote from: pauly
Have you noticed  if the Alphas have sound good from anywhere in the room? Point sorce speakers seem to have a tiny , one chair , listening spot.

Paul, actually they do a suprisingly good job "off-axis".  My computer is in the back corner of my family room, and they sound great from here.  While the side I'm on is natually stronger, I do pick up details from the opposite speaker as well.  Also, because these are pretty tall line arrays, the sound is quite consistant whether I'm sitting on the floor in front of the couch, on the couch or even standing up.

Quote from: pauly
I,d love to audition your alphas , but for you to ship them to me would cost way too much :lol:

I'd love to show them off too, but I'm pretty sure a plane ticket would be less than the freight.... for one speaker....  one-way....  :rotflmao:

Jerry, thank you for the feedback.  After having the opportunity to hear your system, I can say that your opinion carries some weight (Jerry's system is incredible).  Also, thank you for letting me hear my new speaks with your Minimax pre and some "real" cables.  Those items, along with the AKSA sounded fantastic.  I couldn't get enough...  alas its all gone now  :cry:   Well, I still have the speakers! :wink: