BOT-1 as a primary CD player?

techguy0192

BOT-1 as a primary CD player?
« on: 16 Oct 2016, 08:29 pm »
Is anyone using their BOT as a main CD player?  If so, what are you impressions?  Thanks!

Haurock

Re: BOT-1 as a primary CD player?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2016, 11:49 pm »
I think, that at best the BOT-1 can be used as a transport.  It needs to be paired with a DBP, and cannot be used with non-Bryston equipment.  I'm even curious as to whether or not it can be used with the BDPi.  The jury is still out on that issue.

techguy0192

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2016, 01:06 am »
I think, that at best the BOT-1 can be used as a transport.  It needs to be paired with a DBP, and cannot be used with non-Bryston equipment.  I'm even curious as to whether or not it can be used with the BDPi.  The jury is still out on that issue.

Per the Bryston website, the Pi is compatible with the BOT.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to use a transport with my BDA-2 or a BDP/BOT-1 combo.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2016, 01:47 am »
I use BCD-1 feeding BDA-1.  :thumb:

No issues whatsoever, and I get to play with all my CDs/booklets.  :D

Haurock

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2016, 11:12 am »
Per the Bryston website, the Pi is compatible with the BOT.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to use a transport with my BDA-2 or a BDP/BOT-1 combo.

Okay.  I think it depends on whether you want to keep it all in the Bryston family and where you see yourself going in the future.  I have a BDA3 and I'm opting for the new BCD-2 that is coming.  For streaming I use Sonos.