Newbie Needs Some Help - Don't Flame Me

JoshK

« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2004, 02:58 pm »
By the way George, if you need to drill out the holes to accomodate the thicker wire you are welcome to bring it down and make use of my drill press.   I am sure though you could do the job with a dremel if you have one.

StevenACNJ

« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2004, 11:29 am »
Quote from: zybar
Thanks Scott.

What about cryo'd Pass and Seymour 5262A outlets?

I can get these for $16/each from Chris at VH Audio.

What do you recommend for wire?

George

I would use those outlets from Chris. Very good performance for the money.

I would use Chris's 12g cryo treated wire & also put a .47uf 600v Auricap on each outlet. Could also put 1 or 2 .47uf 600v Auricaps across hot & neutral at main electrical inlet (inside the Monster conditioner). If you have some ERS cloth around could install on inside top cover. Could also put a Bybee in parallel with each of the hot & neutral main electrical feeds.

I have seen that you have a BPT 3.5 signature, may I ask what you are going to use the Monster conditioner for?

maggy

« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2004, 11:51 am »
hello all.   wonderful forum.   I just joined in.   I'm Maggy.   Electronics engineer.  I make my living repairing communications gear.

JoshK

« Reply #23 on: 17 Nov 2004, 03:40 pm »
welcome maggy! glad to have you.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 17 Nov 2004, 03:59 pm »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
I would use those outlets from Chris. Very good performance for the money.

I would use Chris's 12g cryo treated wire & also put a .47uf 600v Auricap on each outlet. Could also put 1 or 2 .47uf 600v Auricaps across hot & neutral at main electrical inlet (inside the Monster conditioner). If you have some ERS cloth around could install on inside top cover. Could also put a Bybee in parallel with each of the hot & neutral main electrical feeds.

I have seen that you have a BPT 3.5 signature, may I ask what you are going to use the Monster conditioner for?

I use the Monster in my livingroom system (plasma, hdtv receiver, tivo, a/v receiver).

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 17 Nov 2004, 05:59 pm »
Have you thought about using a Z-Sleeve(larger the better) over the power cord? They're a power conditioner all in themselves but then you already know that as I'm sure your BP3.5 has one in it. I also use 2 standard Z-Sleeves along ith Bybee's on my video cables, an excellent way to sharpen up your plasma George.  :D Regards, Robin

JoshK

« Reply #26 on: 17 Nov 2004, 06:06 pm »
are the z-sleeves, ERS tape wrapped around foam?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 17 Nov 2004, 07:04 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
are the z-sleeves, ERS tape wrapped around foam?
Basically Josh, They're a copper tube with layers of tin/ERS wrappings.   http://www.zcable.com/z-sleeve-technology.cfm Regards, Robin

StevenACNJ

« Reply #28 on: 18 Nov 2004, 11:39 am »
Quote from: satfrat
I also use 2 standard Z-Sleeves along ith Bybee's on my video cables, an excellent way to sharpen up your plasma George.  :D Regards, Robin

Satfrat,

Are you using the standard Z-Sleeve on a component video cable? If so, is the internal diameter of the sleeve big enough to get the three RCA jacks through at one time? Also would you please tell me a bit more about how the sleeves improved the pic quality.

Thanks

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 18 Nov 2004, 12:20 pm »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
Quote from: satfrat
I also use 2 standard Z-Sleeves along ith Bybee's on my video cables, an excellent way to sharpen up your plasma George.  :D Regards, Robin

Satfrat,

Are you using the standard Z-Sleeve on a component video cable? If so, is the internal diameter of the sleeve big enough to get the three RCA jacks through at one time? Also would you please tell me a bit more about how the sleeves improved the pic quality.

Thanks
It's no problem fitting all 3 component wires thru the hole. Doing 1 at a time is the easy way but all 3 can be forced if you like doing things the hard way. :lol: i've shared as many as 4 IC's in a Z-Sleeve using a little care, more bang for the buck if you know what I mean. The high definition improvement using Bybee's and Z-Sleeves is all about detail and sharpness. A good comparison would be HBO or Showtime HD as compared to Discovery HD which to my eye is the best high definition picture that I've seen on my C-band satellite dish. The sharpness gains are better noticed when doing  A/B comparison with text, like in the credits after a movie. And yes, i'm using 2 standards on my component at the tv. But only because I got saddled with 11 standard Z-Sleeves before the others showed up on the market. I have 5 Ultras and they are THAT much better. If I had my way, I'd do a 3 for 1 trade for an Ulltra but it doesn't work that way. Hope I haven't steered George's thread off course too much here but I do feel as is the case with the BP3.5, Z-Sleeves would be an asset for the Monster upgrade. Remember, Chris Hoff just recently upgraded his units from a standard to an Ultra also. 8) Regards, Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #30 on: 18 Nov 2004, 12:29 pm »
NP Robin.

George