Welcome to Soulard. . .

pjchappy

Welcome to Soulard. . .
« on: 14 Nov 2004, 06:56 pm »
Got my car broken into last night.   :x

I have nothing sitting out in the car. . .and my stereo's detachable face was detached. . .so, the only thing I can think of was that they wanted the car.   :evil:  Luckily, the alarm, which goes off when the unlock the door, scared them off. . .

I hate people. . .

Gotta deal w/ getting my windows fixed, etc. tomorrow. . .gonna be fun.

p

steve k

Welcome to Soulard. . .
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2004, 07:16 pm »
Sorry to hear that Paul. Wish I had better advice but I've had 4 different cars broken into both living and working in the City. Comes with the territory, unfortunately. Then, you file too many claims and your insurance cancels you. Though I miss living in the City, having grown up there,  I don't miss the crime.
steve

pjchappy

Welcome to Soulard. . .
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2004, 07:22 pm »
Thanks, Steve. . .

Hey, I'm gonna try to come by sometime this week and pick up my DAC.  Let me know when a good night is. . .

I would do it today, but I'm too pissed. . .

p

DeadFish

Welcome to Soulard. . .
« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2004, 07:25 pm »
Sorry to hear of your welcome to Soulard, Paul.
Hopefully they didn't get obnoxious with damage, when there was nothing to steal.
Twice I've had someone rifle thru my car in the driveway in the last couple of years.  Stole a dollar from the ashtray.
Bastards don't even close the glove box! (does anyone put gloves in these?)
Why lock it? More to break.  So, unlocked, someone jumped on the windshield to break it.
It only takes one dumb ass.  Its not everyone.
I have to believe that.

At least your car was still there.
Brother Willie's car left without him when we were having a listen-in one night.  
Too many ugly stories.
It must be that *same* asshole, keeping awful busy.
I *really* have to believe that.....

At least no one or thing seriously hurt.

Welcome to the adult world of serious trade-offs.  Old enough to have anything you want, and then have to worry about someone else wanting to play with it.

My best response is my DeadFishMobile.
'77 Dodge van, rusty and ugly as the wart on Gollum's butt.  
Some of it is spray painted with a can over rust.  Formerly owned by a band who put grafitti all over the inside.
It runs.
If someone steals it, they will be saving me the tow bill.

:lol:

Regards,
DF

steve k

Welcome to Soulard. . .
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2004, 08:03 pm »
Hey Paul,
I may be late getting home a few nights this week but someone will be here by 5PM every night. I'll leave it upstairs so any night is good.

Thanks for the lending. It sounds great. I was shocked at the difference other tubes make in the sound. I'm not sure where you're headed with it but some tube rolling might be fun before you sell it.
steve k.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Welcome to Soulard. . .
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2004, 06:11 am »
And I thought it was quite and peaceful in "Gateway Land"..... :?