When are the old school Genesis sa-cd's being released?

Ears

Anyone no when Trick of the Tale or Lamb lies Down ect are going to be released on sa-cd?

Also Aerosmith Rocks sa-cd?

Greg

Horizons

• Restricted
Re: When are the old school Genesis sa-cd's being released?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2004, 11:43 pm »
Quote from: Ears
Anyone no when Trick of the Tale or Lamb lies Down ect are going to be released on sa-cd?

Also Aerosmith Rocks sa-cd?

Greg

Well, well - so I'm not the only Genesis fan around here. :D

The Lamb was 100% done and ready to be released for the 30th anniversary of the original release. At the last minute Peter Gabriel listened to it to sign-off and stopped production. He wants more "surround" effects added to the mix. Due to these changes and the slow rate that Gabriel works, the ballpark time for the Lamb release is now Spring of 2005. Not too many people know that Gabriel owns the Lamb copyright since he wrote the story. It's the only thing in the Genesis catalog that Genesis has very little control over.

Trick is done too and since Gabriel is not on that album, he won't be a holdup. Trick will be released early next year so as not to compete with the new complication CD and DVD coming November/December.

Aerosmith? I have no clue...

Ears

Re: When are the old school Genesis sa-cd's being released?
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2004, 11:50 pm »
Quote from: Horizons
Well, well - so I'm not the only Genesis fan around here. :D

The Lamb was 100% done and ready to be released for the 30th anniversary of the original release. At the last minute Peter Gabriel listened to it to sign-off and stopped production. He wants more "surround" effects added to the mix. Due to these changes and the slow rate that Gabriel works, the ballpark time for the Lamb release is now Spring of 2005. Not too many people know that Gabriel owns the Lamb copyright since he wrote the story. It's  ...

Little does Gabriel know, but a lot of us will be listening in 2 channel only :(

Horizons

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2004, 12:32 am »
>>Little does Gabriel know, but a lot of us will be listening in 2 channel only

I am with you. I might listen to the 5.1 version a few times for fun and kicks but for serious listening, it's two channel non-oversampling for me.

Oh, one more negative on this one. All of the Genesis SACDs will not be pure DSD SACDs. They are going from the analog master tapes directly to 24-bit, 96 KHz in ProTools, then ultimately transferred to DSD.  Not that these will sound bad but they are not strictly pure DSD transfers. Hi-rez PCM to DSD. They should sound better than the old remasters though. If they don't, I'm not buying the rest of the SACD catalog, that's for sure.

SACD is not going to make it anyway IMHO.

soundboy

• My simple Yahoo 360 webpage
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2004, 12:42 am »
Rumors has it that Aerosmith's "Rocks" is being released by Sony at the end of this year.