Status Acoustics Titus 8T Reference Speakers...WOW!

Crossoverless

• Restricted
Status Acoustics Titus 8T Reference Speakers...WOW!
« on: 10 Aug 2016, 11:59 pm »
If I ever win the Lottery I'm going to buy these speakers and the top of the line Pass Labs gear to go with them! :P

http://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/status-acoustics-titus-8t-video

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Status Acoustics Titus 8T Reference Speakers...WOW!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2016, 01:23 am »
:roll:

An old article and don't forget that Audioholics has a love affair with RBH Sound. It's basically yet another MTM without any efforts placed in horizontal directivity control, particularly between the tweeter and mid-woofer from what I can see. It measures decent, similar to several non-waveguide and non-coincident driver based systems out there. There is a plethora of them in our market now. Progressively narrowing the directivity from tweeter down to woofer by including a dedicated midrange like what Revel, Vivid Audio (such as the Giya) do would be a MUCH better choice IMHO. Bass below 300 Hz will still have issues since in closed box systems, the area for great imaging and staging isn't usually the best spot for great bass. It would've been a better idea for them to have the included some more "bass modules" similar to the mains to place around the room with active crossovers and amplification. Oh...and the pictures of the crossover doesn't strike the highest amount of confidence but to be honest what measures is what counts. We need to see even more detailed horizontal and vertical polars when you ask for $50k from me, sorry  :evil:

You want something similar but far cheaper and likely better sounding? Look at Bamberg Sound Lab: www.bambergaudio.com; Series 5 and 6 in particular. Philip Bamberg shows us what he is doing and how his designs measure as well.

My $.02,

Anand.

PS. If you want to see some nice comparison measurements consider reading SoundStage! and looking at measurements of the Vivid Audio Giya, KEF Reference,  etc...then compare that to other competitors like Wilson, Magico, etc...the measurements are done in Canada's famous NRC which I would trust more than what Audioholics can show even though I know the Audioholics fellas are trying their best.

Crossoverless

• Restricted
Re: Status Acoustics Titus 8T Reference Speakers...WOW!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2016, 01:56 am »
:roll:

An old article and don't forget that Audioholics has a love affair with RBH Sound. It's basically yet another MTM without any efforts placed in horizontal directivity control, particularly between the tweeter and mid-woofer from what I can see. It measures decent, similar to several non-waveguide and non-coincident driver based systems out there. There is a plethora of them in our market now. Progressively narrowing the directivity from tweeter down to woofer by including a dedicated midrange like what Revel, Vivid Audio (such as the Giya) do would be a MUCH better choice IMHO. Bass below 300 Hz will still have issues since in closed box systems, the area for great imaging and staging isn't usually the best spot for great bass. It would've been a better idea for them to have the included some more "bass modules" similar to the mains to place around the room with active crossovers and amplification. Oh...and the pictures of the crossover doesn't strike the highest amount of confidence but to be honest what measures is what counts. We need to see even more detailed horizontal and vertical polars when you ask for $50k from me, sorry  :evil:

You want something similar but far cheaper and likely better sounding? Look at Bamberg Sound Lab: www.bambergaudio.com; Series 5 and 6 in particular. Philip Bamberg shows us what he is doing and how his designs measure as well.

My $.02,

Anand.

PS. If you want to see some nice comparison measurements consider reading SoundStage! and looking at measurements of the Vivid Audio Giya, KEF Reference,  etc...then compare that to other competitors like Wilson, Magico, etc...the measurements are done in Canada's famous NRC which I would trust more than what Audioholics can show even though I know the Audioholics fellas are trying their best.

Thanks for the info....you don't have to hit the lottery to get the Bamberg new series 3...

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue72/bamberg.htm