RIAA amp?

Eric Gustafsson

RIAA amp?
« on: 14 Jul 2016, 05:54 pm »
Has NuPrime any plans to develop a RIAA amp?
We are many music lovers who listen to music from vinyl records.  :drool:

audioguy213

Re: RIAA amp?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2016, 06:51 pm »
I have heard that some modern digital phono stages (like the Devialet) are very good, and I too would WELCOME a phono option from NuPrime if it brought the sale value:performance proposition that your other products seem to provide.

larsg

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2016, 06:54 pm »
Something like a IDA 64 with changeable sound characteristics and RIAA would be perfect, with a price around $3000

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2016, 07:51 pm »
There's already a phono preamp in the HPA-9.  It comes with a great headphone amp and preamp as well.

Eric Gustafsson

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm »
I'm looking forward to a phono preamp (RIAA) as a separate unit. Both for MM and MC cartridges and a lot of different load settings.
The gain should be rather high to be used for MC cartridges with output from 0,15 mV.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2016, 02:45 am »
I could go for that too Eric.  The mm/mc section in the HPA-9 is not its strong point, but it's available now.  However as you say, a stand alone unit could be outstanding.

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2016, 03:02 am »
I have heard that some modern digital phono stages (like the Devialet) are very good, and I too would WELCOME a phono option from NuPrime if it brought the sale value:performance proposition that your other products seem to provide.

Come on guys, HPA-9 and STA-9 combined are PERFECT for listening to vinyl. The result will be warmth and musical.
Just look at the technical description of HPA-9 and STA-9. 
$649+$649 would match your typical $5000 solid state amp.

Eric Gustafsson

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2016, 08:43 am »
Come on guys, HPA-9 and STA-9 combined are PERFECT for listening to vinyl. The result will be warmth and musical.
Just look at the technical description of HPA-9 and STA-9. 
$649+$649 would match your typical $5000 solid state amp.

It seems to me that you are not a vinyl listener. Right?
I can't find any technical description about the phono amp in HPA-9 other then the possibility to switch between mc and mm.

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2016, 02:52 am »
I am not, but our chief engineer is. Thanks, I will go get more info.

JackD

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jul 2016, 03:12 am »
Jason

I am a "vinyl listener" and have been for over 45 years.  I probably still have over 2500 lp's here.  The market is fairly saturated with quality lower priced phono stages without Nuprime going down that road.  Just a few "Circles" below you is Vista Audio which sells a first class do anything Phono Stage for $300.  The market would be better served by your company continuing in the audio realm you are familiar with and let those looking for a high quality phono pre-amp buy one from Boris.  Just my opinion, which as you know I am full of.

rustydoglim

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2016, 07:14 pm »
I understand. But there are different demands from our channels. Some customers just want to buy the same stack of components from one brand (provided that it is good). I think we can make as good a phono amp and preamp as anybody out there.  This is in fact discovered by one of our EU distributor who sells a well known professional phono preamp and pro audio brand, that cost about 3X the price of HPA-9. And they indeed ordered quite a few HPA-9.

You are right, we don't want to specifically go there (i.e. into the phono amp market). Since we made a preamp and headphone amp, why not add phono.