For sale 2 units of MFW-15 Subwoofers

dgshtav

For sale 2 units of MFW-15 Subwoofers
« on: 13 Jul 2016, 04:41 am »
For sale are 2 units of MFW-15 Subwoofers. Rosewood finish.

We downsized from our single family home into an apartment a few years back. I held on to these thinking I might some day get back into a larger house, but that doesn't seem to be a possibility in the near future hence the sale.

The amp has failed on one, the other unit works great. I also have an extra driver that AV123 had sold to me once.

Selling as-is. Someone handy with electronics can fix the amp. Many are using after market amps just fine.

Asking $575 total picked up in SFO Bay Area (East Bay) for both subwoofers and the extra driver. These were at least $1200+ AFTER all the discounts schemes that AV123 ran.

I will ship at actual shipping cost from 94588. I can do the usual couriers, and I'm also open to custom freight arrangements (as long as they don't end up taking too much time to just arrange and setup)

Let me know of any questions.

Email me at dgshtav atty gmail dotty com

posternutbag2000

Re: For sale 2 units of MFW-15 Subwoofers
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2016, 12:04 am »
Do you know what version the subwoofers are?  I've read reports of the early versions having high failure rates.  I'd hate to buy the working one and then have it die on me (like my recent Epik sub did; another company who went out of business).  I'm in SF, fwiw.

thanks...pm if you'd like.

dgshtav

Re: For sale 2 units of MFW-15 Subwoofers
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2016, 04:59 am »
I am not sure which version these are, but I don't expect them to be from the initial production runs, as many had bought and were raving about these by the time I got these. I think I was also wait-listed for a while before mine were ready and shipped to me. I would estimate these to be somewhere in the middle, maybe even the tail end of the production runs.

That said, the amp did fail on one, so assume the worst when it comes to these amps is all I can say! The amp on the other one has worked just fine for quite some time. These were deployed in a dedicated HT room about 25x18, and these were awesome (while it all lasted - the home as well the amp!  :cry:)

I got a question over PM whether the price is for one unit or both units.

The price is for a total of two units purchased together, plus the extra driver. The price does not include shipping. Shipping by freight only, and is to be paid by the buyer. I can ship by FedEx/UPS ground if they will accept it as ground shipment (although I doubt if they will, and even if they do it will be significantly more expensive than freight).

Also note that these come with original packaging, and are currently packaged and stored in my garage since the move. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to mark the failed one on the box during the move, so now it is difficult to identify the failed one without going through the huge hassle of unpacking at least one and testing it. These are huge, extremely heavy, and unpacking would be a pain. So I prefer to sell them together with all the known issues declared.

Shipping insurance is required for at least the transaction value, if not an equivalent new replacement value.

« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2016, 06:23 am by dgshtav »