Best Omega speakers for 6 foot desk?

Malabargold

Best Omega speakers for 6 foot desk?
« on: 28 Jun 2016, 04:37 am »
Hi,
I am interested in Omega speakers and am considering going all the way and picking up the SAM's. The one thing that is worrying me is that it seems most people are using them on stands 16-20inch tall and sitting across the room from them. Would the SAM's work well in a nearfield desktop environment? Thanks!

seikosha

Re: Best Omega speakers for 6 foot desk?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2016, 01:26 pm »
The SAM's are big speakers.  You might want to look at the measurements and actually see how they would fit on your desk.  I'd think that they'd be pretty imposing on most destops.  The CAM's would definitely be a better fit.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2016, 03:16 pm »
The SAM's are big speakers.  You might want to look at the measurements and actually see how they would fit on your desk.  I'd think that they'd be pretty imposing on most destops.  The CAM's would definitely be a better fit.
+1

Also, the Super 3i has served me well over the years as a great desktop speaker.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2016, 04:33 pm by Canada Rob »

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2016, 03:19 pm »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Malabargold.

Guy 13

syzygy

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2016, 03:46 pm »

I have the 3T Desktop speakers on my 6 foot drawing table. Superb sound.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2016, 07:16 am »
I bought 3I's about 2 years ago and they are fantastic

They can withstand Sly & Robbie's Reggae drum and bass and remain detailed and precise and heavy at the same time

3d imaging is amazing. I produce Reggae records and absolutely love to listen to my productions on these speakers and discover new facets of the music on them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NhjgDnjS5Y

Louis O

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2016, 03:34 am »
Hi Malabargold,

Thanks and agree with seikosha. I would make sure to measure and see if you have enough room. The CAM is a smaller version with the same driver as the SAM.

I agree with Canada Rob. The 3i is very popular as desktops too and great picture and set up from syzygy and way cool video from guillaume bougard.

Many thanks for your kind words and very happy you're enjoying your 3i's.

Thanks again,
Louis