FS: Shelter 201 MM Cartridge - KS

Ictwoody

• Art Director. Artist. Kansan.
FS: Shelter 201 MM Cartridge - KS
« on: 15 Jun 2016, 11:13 pm »
I got this with a turntable I purchased. It sounds great, I just don't have a use for it so I'm offering it up here. The PO said it was low hours, but I don't know how many exactly. Replacement stylus are available from Needle Doctor for $100 if you ever need it.

Original stylus guard is included. No box or paperwork.

Asking $215 // shipped in the lower 48.
PP Gift Preferred. MSRP $310.

--- From Needle Doctor ---

The 201 is Shelter’s first ever MM cartridge design. With an output of 4.0mV, the Shelter is the perfect mate with any moving magnet phono preamp. Designed around the principles of its big brothers, the 201 delivers...

--- Specifications ---

Output Voltage: 4.0mV (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec.)

Channel Balance: within 1dB at 1kHz

Stylus Tip: 0.3x0.7mil Elliptical

Weight: 6.2g

Tracking Force Range: 1.5-2.0g

Recommended Load Impedance: 50kohm

It's easy to forget that you can completely change the nature of your turntable-based system by simply changing out the phono cartridge. The Shelter 201 is certainly deserving of a look for anyone looking to upgrade/change their sound. Shelter makes some of the world's best (and most expensive) moving coil cartridges. The 201 represents their only moving magnet venture, and while the market is littered with moving magnet cartridges under $500 these days, it can be said that the 201 is perhaps the most unique. What sets it apart is its lush, rich tonality. The Shelter's midrange is, quite simply, to die for. Weighing in at 6.2g, it's easy to implement on a vast majority of tonearms, and installation isn't difficult. It's 4mV output is perfect for a standard phono input. Please click over to Features and Specs for more detailed information.

This cartridge is reviewed very highly.
http://www.needledoctor.com/Shelter-201-Moving-Magnet-Cartridge