DashMat

xsb7244

DashMat
« on: 15 Jun 2016, 07:59 pm »

jmc207

Re: DashMat
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm »
Hope someone chimes in. I'm interested in this as well.

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2016, 12:16 am »
I got an Original DashMat for my Jeep when I moved to Tucson, AZ in 1978. I still have the Jeep, it's my daily driver, and after 38 intense summers the DashMat is the only thing still in perfect condition.

Here is our forecast for the upcoming week, if the Original DashMat can handle this for three decades it can handle anything.

Wayne

*Scotty*

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2016, 12:23 am »
If your vehicle has a vinyl/soft plastic dash this may help it not crack and fade due sun exposure. I have a hard plastic dash in my 16 year old truck that has not had protection other than a silver window shade used during parking and it has no fading or cracking.
Scotty

ctviggen

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2016, 10:38 am »
I got an Original DashMat for my Jeep when I moved to Tucson, AZ in 1978. I still have the Jeep, it's my daily driver, and after 38 intense summers the DashMat is the only thing still in perfect condition.

Here is our forecast for the upcoming week, if the Original DashMat can handle this for three decades it can handle anything.

Wayne

That's impressive.  My Jeep (aka "Heep") had so much sun exposure in AZ that every plastic part disintegrated after a while.  I would go to fix something and end up having to replace plastic parts around whatever I was fixing.  Oh, and batteries lasted maybe 2-3 years.  And my red paint faded to white.

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm »
Oh, and batteries lasted maybe 2-3 years.

My '77 Wagoneer is holding up pretty good, not much plastic but still it's showing it's age. You are right, the heat really kills a battery.

So back in 1979 I bought a JC Penny 'Lifetime Battery' "It's the last battery your car will ever need"
They were right! I haven't bought a battery since 1979, when it dies they replace it for free.

Bizarroterl

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm »

Wayne

I used to live in Tucson.  Looking at that forecast I'm so glad the key phrase is "used to"