NuPrime IDA-16 USB and Linux renderer

firedog

NuPrime IDA-16 USB and Linux renderer
« on: 13 Jun 2016, 08:05 am »
I have a renderer that acc'd to the manufacturer, has been tested and successfully works with:
NuPrime DAC-9
NuPrime DAC-10H
NuPrime HD-AVP/AVA
NuPrime IDA-8

Do any of these have the same USB implementation as the IDA-16, so I can be pretty sure it will work with my USB renderer?
Also, does it make a difference if playing back DSD if playback is direct/native or DoP on the USB input?

agdev01

Re: NuPrime IDA-16 USB and Linux renderer
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2016, 07:52 pm »
I assume you are talking about one of the Sonore products, i have personally used a SonicOrbiter SE with three of your listings above and each works just fine.  I would personally have no concern with it working on the IDA-16.  None of the NuPrime products have given me any issues with linux based systems from a RespberryPi to the Sonicorbiter Se mentioned above.

To your second question if my above assumption is right you would want to check the DoP box.  Based on my understanding checking that box the signal will be sent as a native DSD signal on DACs that accept it and fall back to DoP where it doesn't.  I know the wording doesn't say that but im 99.9% sure that what was posted on the Computer Audiophile thread but one of the Sonore guys.

rustydoglim

Re: NuPrime IDA-16 USB and Linux renderer
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2016, 08:57 pm »
Yes, if it works for the other DACs, it will work for IDA-16.