dodd entry level pre-amp??

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« on: 5 Nov 2004, 05:28 pm »
anyone had any experience with dodd audio entry level($450) pre-amp?  if so what did you think of it?

marvin

chriss

Dodd pre
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2004, 05:52 pm »
Hi Marvin,
I had the first one Gary built and really liked it a lot.Gary is a true craftsman.I only sold mine to get an integrated so my wife could use it too.
I have yet to hear a Dodd product I did not like
chris

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2004, 07:37 pm »
i've never heard it, but i understand it's supposed to be based upon the melos (sha-gold?) preamp.  if so, then it's gotta be excellent, imo.

doug s.

chriss

Dodd Pre
« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2004, 07:53 pm »
When the first one was done it was A-B'd with Melos and there was no diffrence.Now keep in mind that was the first incarnation.I later sent it back to Gary to be revised(sonicscaps amoung other things) When it came back it was even better sounding.

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2004, 11:03 pm »
I just want to say that the first few preamps that went out I had some noise complaints. Since then I have made some changes and now there is no noise at all in all systems. Dead quiet, except the tube hiss at high volumes, which can't be heard unless there is no signal. Very clearly a huge improvement in the sonics of the preamp.
Gary

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2004, 12:21 am »
Hey Marvin,

I could tell you how good it is too, but better yet, tomorrow you can see and hear it for yourself.

See you at the party tomorrow.