Bye bye van - hello crossover

mcgsxr

Bye bye van - hello crossover
« on: 17 May 2016, 05:41 pm »
After 9 glorious years with a minivan we sold it off this past weekend.

In came a 2013 off lease Ford Escape (2.0 Ecoboost) SEL with 25K miles (40K KM for the Canucks).  Bought from FIL, so I know where it was and how it was treated.

A big adjustment (27 inches shorter, 6 forward speeds, smaller interior) for my wife but she is happy so far.

Picked up the Ford cargo mat, and a full set of Weathertech mats for the interior.  Good quality on both fronts.

I will be thrilled at the gas consumption - van averaged about 13-14mpg.  Escape expected to deliver 22-23mpg.

I will miss the ability to move a couch, but not so much that I wanted to keep the van.

Pics to follow (nothing special, just a black on tan leather Escape).

ACHiPo

Re: Bye bye van - hello crossover
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2016, 07:32 pm »
Ok, so I am obviously afflicted with a serious disease.  When I read the title, I really expected to see that you sold your van and bought speaker parts. :duh:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2016, 08:44 pm »
When I read the title, I really expected to see that you sold your van and bought speaker parts. :duh:

Same here. Reminds me of this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKmNkDcDuk  :lol:

rockadanny

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2016, 11:05 pm »
Ugh! Dammit! Me too!  :duh: :duh: :duh:

After all, to buy my audio equipment I sold off nearly all of my personal possessions: guns; golf pushcart, bag, and accessories; bicycle; bowling balls and bags; backpack; luggage; leather jacket; my wife's stereo system (oops! that wasn't mine to sell, but since it was boxed up I went ahead and sold it and then asked for forgiveness, of which I got none!, understandably :oops:); telescope; Minolta 35mm SLR camera; 8mm film projector and screen; and probably a few more things which by now I've forgotten.

ACHiPo

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2016, 03:57 am »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2016, 08:01 am »
I thought you were going to make us all cry with envy upon our seeing the glorious new XOs for your speakers. Top of the line, BEST CAPs, gold connecting wire, the WORKS!

LOL! We sold our 2003 Odyssey with 150,000 miles on it to my sister for $3k back in September 2015. Yes, I know that's too little, but she is my sister. Guess in whose Paypal account that money is sitting waiting for a purchase?

Good one on the new car!

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2016, 08:35 am »
Was the van white?  :smoke: :shake:

mcgsxr

« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2016, 11:37 am »
I had somehow overlooked the inherent humor around here.  How? :lol:

Yes, once I sold off all the eBay HTIB sets for big cash in the local parking lots I had just enough to buy some external xovers for my Maggie's!

Too funny. 

The Escape has a tiny gas tank, but thankfully my wife does not drive far.

Loving the extra garage space too!
« Last Edit: 19 May 2016, 04:39 pm by mcgsxr »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2016, 01:11 pm »
You know what they say, pics or it didn't happen.  :D  Hey, more room for the 'bird, what's not to like !  8)  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2016, 01:51 pm »

bummrush

« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2016, 03:00 pm »
My wife went from a rear wheel drive  2004 Mustang, to a Ford edge,More space front wheel drive, beyond me how she put up with the Mustang, between getting stuck in the Winter,and the small super uncomfortable interior,the new Ford is wonderful.

mcgsxr

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2016, 04:43 pm »
More room for the T bird indeed.

Actually more like more room for a lawn mower!  Now the shed has a little less in it.

I will grab a pic of the van/T bird combo vs the Escape/T bird combo.  It is amusing how much smaller the baby truck is.

Here is a representative pic of the black SEL Escape.

twitch54

« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2016, 04:54 pm »
Congrats Mark, handsome looking vehicle !

I'm contemplating a step down from my full-size crew cab p/u as well for my next vehicle.

ACHiPo

« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2016, 06:43 pm »
More room for the T bird indeed.

Actually more like more room for a lawn mower!  Now the shed has a little less in it.

I will grab a pic of the van/T bird combo vs the Escape/T bird combo.  It is amusing how much smaller the baby truck is.

Here is a representative pic of the black SEL Escape.

Nice.  Not capacitor and coil nice, but nice just the same :roll: