I'm bored

Mike D

I'm bored
« on: 4 Nov 2004, 07:34 pm »
I have all day today until 8:00 PM.  Its 2:31 now.  What's new and exciting for a bored audiofreak?  Anything that I should start saving for for relatively cheap?

Scott F.

I'm bored
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2004, 01:10 am »
How about Rap Music and a really big friggin sub?

Yo, Yo, Yo.....

How about this (seriously)? You could start surfing eBay for some cool music memorabilia for your listening rooms. Maybe some autographed records you could frame, maybe some old vacuum tube advertizements (like that RCA sign I've got), or maybe some concert or band posters of your favorite artists, maybe some music related decor (pictures, wall hangings, figurines that kind of stuff).

Most of that stuff is pretty cheap on eBay. I picked up a really cool Western Electric tube factory grand opening framed poster that hung on the wall of one of the Exec's for like $15.

Mike D

I'm bored
« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2004, 02:06 am »
Good idea!  I'll do that!

bubba966

I'm bored
« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2004, 02:53 am »
Have fun with that.

And if you look long enough, you can find just about anything on eBay.

A few years back I was looking for the sound system plaques that you'll find in commercial movie theaters. The DTS one was easy to find (got that one straight from DTS). The Dolby Digital plaque was a bit harder to find as I didn't want the lame HT version Dolby sells on their site. That one took me almost 3 months to find one one eBay. But the THX plaque was a serious bitch to get a hold of. After 2 1/2 years, one finally came up on eBay (not surprising it took so long as I've only ever seen one before in my life, and it's no longer around).

And I did get it. :mrgreen:

Just don't ask what the damn thing cost me. :cry:

And I've also picked up a few hard to find movie posters over the years as well.

So good luck and have fun...