Speakers for BP26/4bsst2

Gibalok

• Metrum Pavane/Manley Shrimp/4BSST2/Penaudio Cenya
Speakers for BP26/4bsst2
« on: 6 May 2016, 07:50 am »
Hello,

I considering to change speakers PMC twenty 22 and my choice at the momenet narrowed (considering the budget available) to used Proacs D28, Kudos Super 20, Dynaudio C1 signature, Penauduio Cenya Signature. I also considerd to grab tube amp, but have tried some of moderately priced and lost the soundstage, details and depth which BP26 provided.. So i understand that for Jazz, Ethnic music, etc I need some more body in mids and need to change the speakers (PMC 22 are nice, fast, presice and deep for the size)..

here are two questions: are 4Bsst2 enough for the spekaers  Proacs D28, Kudos Super 20, Dynaudio C1 signature, Penauduio Cenya Signature. Is there synergy with some of them on practice?

Listening room 20 sq.m.

pmcd

Re: Speakers for BP26/4bsst2
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2016, 04:27 pm »
If you can check out ATC SCM40 they are fantastic and are available in passive or active

saveloy

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2016, 05:06 pm »
You will only find that with a dedicated midrange driver.  The natural choice is to stick with PMC, and go with one of their 3 way designs.  The twenty26 stands out.

Kyri

Daniel Datchev

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2016, 05:47 pm »
Perhaps after The Munich show there will be a good chance to buy  some 26-er as new line is out, the " Twenty5" with some design and technical changes.

larevoj

« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2016, 07:02 am »
Out of the choices mentioned I would recommend the C1.

I have both C1 and the SFGE in my small room and both perform very well. The SFGE performs better but for the price you pay on the C1 its a huge value vs performance. I am driving it with 4BSST2 but have since upgraded from BP26 to ARC Ref5SE and currently considering the upgrade of 4B3!

Enjoy~!  :thumb:

Gibalok

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2016, 12:28 pm »
Thank you, Gents

Gibalok

« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2016, 12:32 pm »
Out of the choices mentioned I would recommend the C1.

I have both C1 and the SFGE in my small room and both perform very well. The SFGE performs better but for the price you pay on the C1 its a huge value vs performance. I am driving it with 4BSST2 but have since upgraded from BP26 to ARC Ref5SE and currently considering the upgrade of 4B3!

Enjoy~!  :thumb:

You mean Guarnery? Is it good with Bryston? I thought that SF and Mcintosh/ARC have natural synergy
« Last Edit: 8 May 2016, 02:25 pm by Gibalok »

pmcd

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2016, 06:46 pm »
Check out PMC vs ATC         I just purchased ATC SCM50's passives paired with 7BSST'2

Dloines

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2016, 05:45 pm »
I'm running a similar setup up with the 4bsst2, BDA2, Bp25, and BHA1 and a pair of the new magnepan 3.7i's, third pair of Maggie's mg1, mg1.6qr and then the 3.7's, some of the best tweeters in the business regardless of price and the new tweaks make the 3.7i more dynamic then before, check out the reviews "one of the best speakers for under $100k"  that says a lot about these Maggie's, but the real test for me is novice non audiophiles that happen to be visiting and usually make a comment about the size of the Maggie's and start to talk about Bose 901s, so I power up the system and play their favorite song(s) and I always get "play that song again" and "I hear words and notes that I never heard before from a song I have been listening to all my life"  and "you don't have to play them loud".  if you have the room the speakers will not disappoint.  Bryston and Magnepan use there equipment together at most audio shows and always get best sound awards....... :D

Xinon

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2016, 08:33 pm »
I've used Bp26 and 4B SST2 with ProAc D30R for the last 2,5years.
Exellent combination  :thumb:

cardani

« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2016, 07:05 pm »
I have your same setup and very happy with Gradient Revolution speakers from Finland, work very well with room interaction due to its dipole bass cabinet.  Highly recommended.

rob80b

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2016, 12:59 am »
Hello, .........

here are two questions: are 4Bsst2 enough for the spekaers  Proacs D28, Kudos Super 20, Dynaudio C1 signature, Penauduio Cenya Signature. Is there synergy with some of them on practice?

Listening room 20 sq.m.

IMHO Bryston and Dynaudio go very well together and have used that combo for over a decade or more, the SST2 will bring the best out of the C1s Esotar tweeter as well as the base and the 4BSST2 will more than adequate in powering them cleanly above and beyond safe listening levels with plenty of power to spare.  :wink:
I’ve a slightly smaller space than yours and have just recently downsized from a 4BSST powering my Dynaudio Special 25s to a 3BSST2 and so far have no regrets.

PierreB

« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2016, 11:27 am »
I have a BP25/2B SST with a pair of ProAc D18 and I'm very happy with this combo.
If your budget permit, look for a ProAc D38.