AXPONA and AVShowrooms Report
« on: 24 Apr 2016, 03:06 am »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DeGzIqYmztA

And a shout out to Endeavor and VSA!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: AXPONA and AVShowrooms Report
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2016, 02:34 am »
I just about fell on the floor when they mentioned SR cables Albert...  Not a minor slip for a pair of reviewers that are otherwise macro detailed on such matters?  Anyone else use white jackets on cables?

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2016, 02:38 am »
I noticed that too, and thought maybe just the power cables where something else no one saw? .... Time for a video edit.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2016, 11:31 pm »
Peter Breuninger...oh my!  :duh:  I'll just leave it at that..

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2016, 08:13 pm »
Hello friends,

Damon and I had a great time at Axpona 2016.  What a fantastic show.

I wanted to thank all the reviewers who visited our rooms at the show.  If you think about all the rooms they have to cover and the information they have to take in on each of the rooms for the reports I can only imagine how huge of a task that must be.  We dropped the ball by not having our equipment list posted by the door so the reviewers know exactly what we had displayed in the demo rooms. 

I would like to thank Peter Breuninger and Dr. David Robinson for all the hard work they do to at these shows reporting to the audio community and sharing their experience, especially for all the people who weren't able to attend Axpona.  What they bring to this industry is greatly appreciated.

Damon and I would also like to thank all the AC folks who we were finally able to meet in person.

We would also like to thank all of our friends who came to give us their support at the show.

Leif

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2016, 09:16 pm »
The VR55 room was superb as evidenced by the standing room only crowds and the AA/Endeavor room was sounding much better than it had any right to!  Bravo...well done Damon and Leif!

Delacroix

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2016, 12:01 am »
Not sure if it's been mentioned here but I got a link today to the Enjoy the Music site which gave the room a Top 10 award -- http://www.enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_2016/VAC_Von_Schweikert_Audio/

gammajo

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2016, 03:13 am »
Congratulations on another great show - I know they are hard work

Folsom

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2016, 03:51 am »
The VR55 room was superb as evidenced by the standing room only crowds and the AA/Endeavor room was sounding much better than it had any right to!  Bravo...well done Damon and Leif!

I thought AA/Endeavor was absolutely superior. But people want to hear the biggest baddest stuff around so of coarse many were around downstairs; there was a lot of people in rooms downstairs that sounded out right bad, too. It seems if you put a big dollar sign on it, people will come... do they buy it? I don't know, but I sure would choose the VR55's over a whole heck of a lot of stuff I heard down there.