More SP Pictures from RMAF on Audiogon !

reefrus

« on: 29 Oct 2004, 04:23 pm »
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/events.pl?&DN04_7013&RoomView&DN04&&&&&&DN04

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/events.pl?&DN04_7017&RoomView&DN04&&&&&&DN04

Correction: The Exhibitor in room 7017 IS NOT Chang Lightspeed.

THEY ARE Chang Audio Network and SP Technology.

Very nice pictures ! Thanks to Albert Porter!

shokunin

« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2004, 06:57 pm »
Check out that gloss on the Continuums... nice :D

Man,  Albert is one heck of a photographer.  All the room shots are wonderful.  Best I've seen, the online web-zines should take a lesson or two from Albert.

PeteG

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2004, 12:34 am »
Steve

I've seen the golden ratio stands, what stands were used with the Continuums at RMAF?
 Also have you listened to SACD discs on the SP Tech speakers, and if so how's the top end sound.

The high gloss finish on the Continuums at the show was awesome :o  

Pete

reefrus

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2004, 01:51 am »
Quote from: shokunin

Check out that gloss on the Continuums... nice

Quote from: PeteG

The high gloss finish on the Continuums at the show was awesome

Yes, those are high Gloss Veneer on the Cotunuum and they are very nice finished and mirror image as well.

I've seen the golden ratio stands, what stands were used with the Continuums at RMAF?

The stands on the Continuums are called Foundation Base. The gloden ratio stands are in the center channel and at the rear for the TimePiece (not shown in the pictures).
The speakers in the 7017 room are the Revelation MR-1 and  they are top of the line in current SP Tech line up. And they are in High Gloss piano paint.

Also have you listened to SACD discs on the SP Tech speakers, and if so how's the top end sound.

I didn't play any SACD in 7017 room. The D/A and Transport are 15yrs old unit and still making music. I do have a pair of Timepiece here in Denver and you're welcome to stop by and listen for yourself

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2004, 03:27 am »
SP Tech website could us a color chart . On the order page , list of finishes but no samples..... :?

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2004, 03:39 am »
So Steve, when are you going to invite the locals over for a listening party. :lol: I'd be happy to drag along my modded Denon 2900, then you could say you've listened to an SACD on the SP's. :)

Mike

reefrus

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2004, 02:01 pm »
Quote from: mgalusha
So Steve, when are you going to invite the locals over for a listening party.  I'd be happy to drag along my modded Denon 2900, then you could say you've listened to an SACD on the SP's.  

I'll have an open house listening party as soon as the other half of Revelation's here. Also, any gears are welcome to bring over; from amps, cd players to cables. Hopefully, don't have to wait too long!

PeteG

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2004, 02:14 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
SP Tech website could us a color chart . On the order page , list of finishes but no samples..... :?

I was sent to this site, certainlywood. I believe this is where SP Tech get's some of their veneers.

Pete

mgalusha

« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2004, 05:47 pm »
Sounds good Steve, just let us know. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Oakwood Veneers has a nice set of samples online as well. Not just oak as their name would suggest.