Larger Vs Original Sub Output

ed_robyn

« on: 29 Oct 2004, 01:22 am »
I have the "New" original sub and while it is excellent for music it just doesn't provide the umph that I would like for HT.  I was considering a larger and was wondering how the output would compare. Has anyone measured the output of the original vs the larger?

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: Larger Vs Original Sub Output
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2004, 02:56 pm »
Quote from: ed_robyn
I have the "New" original sub and while it is excellent for music it just doesn't provide the umph that I would like for HT.  I was considering a larger and was wondering how the output would compare. Has anyone measured the output of the original vs the larger?

haven't done so, but i suggest if yure using this system at all for 2-channel audio, that ya get a second original vs getting one larger.  two subs is *much* better for audio, imo, than one.  

and, unless yer room is really huge, the original is likely all ya should need anyway.  ask brian cheney directly, about your room size, placement, etc.  it is quite possible that best placement for audio is *not* best placement for h-t, & ya may wanna move the sub around, and come up w/a different location for when yure watching movies.

getting a second original sub will give ya 3db extra gain right off the bat, & it will allow more flexible placement for room node issues, etc...

doug s.

ed_robyn

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2004, 03:25 pm »
I do use 2 channel audio and for music the New Original sounds great and blends well with my mains.  I don't have a place for dual subs in my room though. :cry: [/img]