Product Update — PlayPoint Rocks with Roon

omasciarotte

Product Update — PlayPoint Rocks with Roon
« on: 8 Mar 2016, 11:40 pm »
Hey folks,

exaSound Audio Design recently announced a RoonReady firmware upgrade for their PlayPoint network audio player…

From the press release; “PlayPoint is exaSound’s answer to the proliferation of network music protocols and standards. A network audio endpoint that supports all high end standards and streaming providers, PlayPoint embraces AirPlay, HQ Player, MPD, UPnP plus TIDAL and Qobuz. In conjunction with Roon Labs, the PlayPoint now also seamlessly integrates Roon’s deep functionality with exaSound’s already exceptional fidelity.”

To learn more about this capable companion to exaSound’s stereo and multichannel DACs, please visit exasound.com and click on PP…

Rock on,
OMas for exaSound Audio Design

srb

Re: Product Update — PlayPoint Rocks with Roon
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm »
(hyperlinks deleted)
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2016, 04:21 pm by srb »

omasciarotte

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2016, 03:26 pm »
Hey srb,

I purposefully did not insert a link as some folks, to reduce malware infestation, like to read the link URL before heading there. This way, you can cut and paste, knowing you’ll actually go to exaSound’s site!

OMas

srb

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2016, 04:16 pm »
I always inspect hyperlinks before clicking on them by resting my cursor over them and noting the address in the status bar (and wrongly assumed everyone does, but I would recommend it), however I will delete the links.

Steve

omasciarotte

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2016, 04:05 pm »
I always inspect hyperlinks before clicking on them by resting my cursor over them and noting the address in the status bar (and wrongly assumed everyone does, but I would recommend it), however I will delete the links.

Hey Steve,

I was ignorant of the AudioCircle protocol regarding such things. Next time, I’ll link directly…thanx!

OMas

agdev01

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2016, 07:15 pm »
This is only compatible with exasound dacs, correct?

Does the front panel of the player should track/artist info when serving as a roon endpoint?

omasciarotte

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2016, 01:37 pm »
This is only compatible with exasound dacs, correct?

Correct!

Does the front panel of the player should track/artist info when serving as a roon endpoint?

Yup, PayPoint shows the title of the current track, artist name and the album title, in that order.